• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

$29 Bluetooth Handlebar Mounted Controller

Shiny

Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button)

I ride with wired earbuds connected to my cell phone in my jacket or suit's chest pocket.  I needed a way to start and stop the music as well as control the volume.  I bought this gadget and have about 600 mile on the bike with it attached.  It has been a great addition and it just works once you pair it to your phone. It just clips on and holds on pretty tight.  If it started to slip a dab of hot glue would be all you need to keep the base from slipping.  The little button pops out of the rubber/plastic base.

I did get it wet to the point where it stopped working.  I took it apart and rinsed it with 95% isopropyl alcohol, put in a fresh battery and it was as good as new.

2018-04-19-20.14.41.jpg

2018-04-19-20.14.58.jpg

LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Bluetooth-Button-iPhone-Samsung/dp/B00RM75NL0/

That looks pretty cool, appreciate the tip!
I have a Sena and listen to my music via Bluetooth, it looks like this would be a nice way to change tracks on the fly.
Can you work the buttons okay with gloves on or nah? It looks pretty small.

I love the concept, thanks!

Yes, it contols the volume.
It is a bit small and I occassionally hit the wrong button whilst wearing gloves. But, I got the hang of it pretty quickly.