• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

5 Ferry's (Puget Sound)

fj40dave

Training Wheels
Interested in a Puget Sound ride? 5 Washington State Ferry's in a day.....both sides of the Sound. April 18th. Details on start time to come. Cost for the ferry toll's is $20.65 fj40_73@hotmail.com direct to me if youy wish. '08 Concours14 ABS COG #8476

Sometimes I'm getting a little notification flag on the upper left that say's there's a message - but I look and there isn't one there.... fj40_73 - at - hotmail dot com is direct e-mail 4 me. OK....disregard....i'm getting e-mail alerts like I should..... '08 Concours14 ABS COG #8476

Hi Dave; Sounds like a great ride and cool idea! Are you planning on this being an official COG ride? If yes you'll need to have a chat with the NW AD or one off the AAD's to have it approved and added to the COG Calender. Cheers Colin Prior Cogmos Administrator Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

I'm down for it. Marked it on my calendar. Let us know details ASAP. Maybe I can get Pappalardo to ride up with me. Bob Burns Bob "Flylooper" Burns COG #5887 E Clampus Vitus, YB#1 '04 FJR 1300
VisitedStatesMap.jpg

Alrighty then.....this is coming together! I work tomorrow (24 hour shift) and won't be able to address the details @ work...but Thursday I will compile the data and get it posted. Some details forthcoming are: Ferry schedule Meeting point Link for EVERYONE that's coming, and taking the Pt. Townsend ferry, to make a reservation for that ferry only. Dave '08 Concours14 ABS COG #8476

Y'all better hope more'n 5 guys sign up or we're gonna have a LOT of fun with the title of this thread! :eg:

I'm thinking you're RIGHT! On the other hand......if we took a pic with tu-tu's on while on the ferry (notice spelling!)....that would be a great pic to post! '08 Concours14 ABS COG #8476

Dave, I just wish I lived close enough to do this ride. Long haul from Nashville, but maybe one year when I do my 4-corners of the USA and everything in between ride..... :)

Looks interesting. Where is the start and finish points? Kinda hard to tell from the picture. 06 Concours Vancouver, BC

Hi again, Here's the "PLAN": Meet at the Port Orchard Fred Meyer parking lot at 7:15am - fuel up. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=1900+SE+Sedgwick+Rd+Port+Orchard,+WA+98366&fb=1&geocode=7912329015494775900,47.504794,-122.628040&oi=manybox&ct=14&cd=1&resnum=3 Head out NLT 7:45 and catch the 8:20am Southworth-Fauntleroy ferry. This is a 40 minute crossing. From Fauntleroy, head north to the Edmends-Kingston ferry. I figure we'll get there and catch either the: 10:45/11:30/12:05 ferry to Kingston - 30 min crossing From Kingston, head north to Pt. Townsend and catch the Pt. T-Keystone ferry. I figure we'll catch one of the following: 2:15 or 3:45 crossings. Crossing is 30 minutes Here's the ferry scheduleRESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS FERRY - here's a link! Print and bring with you - it's free, make a reservation on both crossings if possible - if not - on the 2:15. https://business.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/reservations/ From Keystone, we'll ride south to Clinton and take the Clinton-Mukilteo ferry. Crossing is 20 min. I figure we'll catch the 5:30/6:00/6:30 ferry to Mukilteo. Crossing time from Clinton to Mukilteo is 20 min. From Mukilteo, we ride south to Seattle and catch the Bremerton ferry. They depart at: 7:50, 9:05, 10:30, and 12:50 am This crossing time is one hour. So....there's some departure and scheduling information. This schedule is completly fluid.....anyone have ideas or suggestions, please post 'em. All the ferry's have concessions except for the Pt. Townsend/Keystone - it's pretty small. This looks like a full day of riding, but in reality, the two longest portions are the Kingston to Pt. Townsend portion, and the Mukilteo to Seattle riding portions. There is urban and rural riding - Seattle, Everett, and the Olympic Peninsula.... Weather isn't a factor for me....unless it's freezing or snowing! Dave '08 Concours14 ABS COG #8476

Dave....Please be sure the particulars get on to the website. Bob Bob "Flylooper" Burns COG #5887 E Clampus Vitus, YB#1 '04 FJR 1300
VisitedStatesMap.jpg

Dave; I suspect what Bob B is alluding to is to have this as an "official" COG event and posted in the calendar hence on this site not just the Forum where it's currently an "Impromptu or Non COG Event". Any member can request a ride/event be approved by calling or emailing their AD or local AAD. Hope that helps. Colin Prior Cogmos Administrator Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767

Dave, Is this thing still alive? Checking the calendar and nobody has signed on yet. Can't make the hole thing, but Might meet up in Kingston and ride with the group to Clinton - Mukilteo. 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

Yep....still on - there is one other person said he'll be theree - but if not I understand..... '08 Concours14 ABS COG #8476

Man, I really wish I didn't have rock-solid plans, I would love to do this. For some reason I've always liked taking bikes on the ferry routes up here. Instead I'll be camping near Forks with my son's Webelos den. I hope you get some participation, I predict a really nice sunny weather all weekend! Mike B / Gig Harbor, WA

I'm in! :) As I live in North Seattle I'll most likely meet you on at Fauntleroy at 9:00 unless I feel very lively and get up at 6:00 and meet you for Breakfast. I also need to make the 4:00 Clinton - Mukilteo connection as I need to be in downtown Seattle by 6:00Pm So I'll need to make the 10:45 Kingston Ferry and the 2:15 Port Townsend Ferry. Hope that works for every one. The forecast is saying 63 Degrees and dry! Perfect! Colin Prior Cogmos Administrator Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767 AMA#1081764

Hi Everyone: Looks like we'll be catching the 2:15 in Pt. Townsend - so get a reservation early :)))) ALSO: Feel free to join us ANYWHERE along the route!!! '08 Concours14 ABS COG #8476

So, what time do you think you'll be hitting the beach in Kingston? If I make it that's where I'd likely meet up. 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

Any one thinking about this better get their reservations for the 2:15 Port Townsend to keystone reservations in. It's already booked for the 9 something AM trip. Beautiful weather, not like last weekend. 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

EXACTLY! There's the Tulip's that everyone comes over to see in the Skagit Valley - and the weather is going to really be nice!!! This is coming together nicely! '08 Concours14 ABS COG #8476

Just got in from the 5FPS Ride. I cheated and cut out early as Port Townsend is on 50 miles from home base and We left here at %:20 AM to meet up at the start point. Cold this AM but dry and a great ride. Thanks to fj40dave for coming up with the idea and hosting. Thanks to Colin for planing the route between ferries. At first thought I didn't believe that it would be much fun, but it turned out great. Ride - stop and BS on a ferry - ride again - repeat as needed. Great fun!. Will try to get some pics up later. 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

OK only 4 photos on "webshots" http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2574919790102410461tACFiI?vhost=good-times 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

Had a great time yesterday! Super idea Dave! Only sorry that more were not able to make it! I appreciate others wanted to but health, memory fade (akin to brake fade) and other engagements kept the numbers low. We talked about doing a 2 day ride to take in all the ferries including those into Canada. Stay posted. The fact you can pre-pay and jump to the front of the queue makes taking the ferries real easy. Nice to meet up with Mike & his Spouse on the Clinton ferry too. Cheers Colin Prior Cogmos Administrator Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767 AMA#1081764

http://community.webshots.com/user/fj40dave2009 Here are the pictures I took....15 of 'em. It was a GREAT time - as Bill mentioned. This is my first exposure to a COG event (and I set it up!) ..... but what a great time and really fine people! Even met a COG member on the Mukilteo ferry ... had other things going on for the day and couldn't make the ride - but a nice couple. Like Arnold ("The Gov") says: "I'll be back" ps: ended up being only 4 Ferrys and one I90 Floating Bridge '08 Concours14 ABS COG #8476 :)