• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

7/14/13 - Michigan COG Event - AMA Pro Hill climb

Stasch

Hey Michigan COG'ers.

Sunday, 7/14/2013 - RTW (Ride To Watch) - AMA Pro Hill Climb event in West Branch, MI.

Tickets are $12 at the 'early' price and $15 for full price (don't know when the price switches over though).

The plan will be to meet in West Branch at the Hill Climb site and watch the competition starting at 10 a.m.

Might want to pack a lawn chair and if its going to be hot, an umbrella for shade.

From there we can play it by ear, RTE somewhere and / or take a tour of some up north MI country. 

I know of some pretty decent roads to the east heading towards Oscoda throught the Huron Nat'l Forest.

Let me know if anyone down state wants to meet up and ride up together.  Its about 2 hours from my place if you take the freeway, longer if using backroads.

Link for Maps, Info, Tickets and info on the entire Ogemaw Hills Bike Week running 7/14 - 7/20:
http://www.ogemawhillsbikeweek.com

Looks like this is a pretty big week of events with the cruiser crowd.  If you were of a mind, you could spend the whole week there and camp.

Hay I am in! Will there be any Conjnie's in the event??? Sure, the parking lot.
Looking forward to seeing you all.

RWulf, 

I am still looking for the pic I took of you with your C10 lined up as if you are ready to make a run up that hill. 

If I find it, its getting posted and you will be obligated to enter the 'amateur' class to represent the C10's.

Better start riding up and down your steep driveway to get in some pre-raceday training.

Ah,,,I might have to skip that as Vintage Bike Days are the next weekend
down at Mid Ohio. Would most likely have to wash the bike after and as
you know I only do that once a year and it's already been done.

Stan, my wife and I are planning on camping at cycle-moore's that weekend with a small group from ST.n might work out for us to stop by on our way home. Also if anybody wants to join us camping we plan on riding up Friday.

Perhaps we can plan a sunrise ride. The weekend of the 20th will be just about full moon could camp out too! Lakeport state campground? Jim

RWulf said:
turbojim, what is this ST.n small group you speak of?
rwulf
Sport-Touring.net  forums, region 4, top of the page in yellow cam-out July 12- 3 day
check it out. The weather is looking good! I'll probably be riding up Friday morning with my wife.

I am planning to be there just before 10am tomorrow.

Come on out and watch the Hill Climb - supposed to be a beautiful if not hot day.  I suggest a golf umbrella.  There is no natural shade whatsoever to take refuge in.

Rumor has it RWulf is going to enter his fully farkled C10 in the amateur 'run whatcha brung' division. 

Should be interesting . . . . .

A great time was had by all!  It was HOT!  We took the long way home and enjoyed some nice river roads.  :)

Attachments

• 995110_10201599581101576_2055615003_n.jpg
    995110_10201599581101576_2055615003_n.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 100
Got a nice fix with the sound of high performance engines.  Those guys are talented and have a lot of guts.

They had side by side racing - called verti-cross - at one time lining up 3 bikes at a time.  Pretty wild.

Yes it was hot! Lets try Muskegon next. I have been told it a dirt hill
and in the later part of the year should, maybe be cooler.
Thanks for showing up guys.