• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

7 year '86 owner --old to forum, but new to membership

genecase

Big Wheel
OK, folks -many of you know me as the guy with the poor '86 he keeps rebuilding, but won't get rid of in Lonely Lampasas TX -- new handle here is hambikenut - represents my propensity for amateur radio (KU5C) and love of motorcycles -- never put less that 30,000 miles on any bike I've owned, and now my wife and son each have their own. -- Son's is a 2008 EX500F with Hepco and Becker 42L saddlebags (see bike on the EX500 forum under touring).  Great little bike, if you like wind in your face, and gets about 60 mpg even with the bags on.  Wife has a Honda Shadow 600 (the one with the chain -- no shaft).
Bikes I used to have: 1973 Honda CB500T (30,000miles), 1984 Honda GL500I (67,000miles). Current bike, the '86 Connie, has about 55,000 miles on it -about 25,000 of those mine (not totally accurate as it has gone through 3 instrument clusters and the third still doesn't show speed or miles).  Latest deal on the bike is that the ignition module has gone out and taken the rt fork lock with it (lft is disengaged but not the rt)  :mad: And I haven't been able to get the old one off or find a new-er one.  And the fuel mileage has dropped to about 27mpg :(

Hi and welcome Gene,
If you are becoming a full member then have your COG area changed.  Texas is in the South Central area and not the SW.  Email to membership@cog-online.org is the best way to correct that.