• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

7th gear mother lode

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
now it's gonna cost me a few k, but I've made a deal to buy a pile of donor gears for my 7th gear units. I've been scrounging one here, one there, and basically maintaining a waiting list. This should be over with, at least til I deplete this source too. If you're interested in getting a 7th gear unit jump on in, the water's fine just about now... steve

Steve where are you in Fl.? What is the charge to buy the unit and have it installed if I ride to your garage? :) My sister lives near West Palm Beach and I have never visited her there. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Hey Bob; If you click on SISF's profile you'll see its updated with his location etc. :) And he now has a link to his website with more info on his goodies. Colin Prior COG IT Director Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767 AMA#1081764 ROK#20000617
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

I live near Tampa, BUT knowing what I do about mechanical stuff, I would NEVER recommend someone to ride a thousand miles and then do a non - nessessity repair. While in most cases everything would work out just fine, stuff happens at the least expected time - broken bolts, etc. Personally I wouldn't go far from home and then take my only vehicle at that destination apart. In fact whenever we're going on a trip, vacation, whatever - I spend the couple weeks before the trip going over wheel bearings, brakes, belts, tires, waterpump, AC, whatever - cus a breakdown just sucks. And If you're interested in the 7th gear unit, I think installing it in Texas would make the ride to Florida a WHOLE lot more enjoyable! Steve

You are right about that Steve. Not a real good idea I had but that is just my lazy coming through. I too spend the weeks before a trip making sure its right and the last week or so just riding it so I am sure "I" did not screw anything up. I made it up and back to Fontana with no real problems. It broke down the day I got back though but that is another long story. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br