• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ACC Front Leads - Switched Circuit

calboy

Mini Bike
Are the bullet connectors found on these accessory leads regular size connectors or special Kawasaki ones? I'm getting ready to hook up my GPS and radar detector and would like to know if I need any special sized connectors to do the job right. One other thing; I have an '08 so there's no glove box. Does the windshield have to come off for me to remove the left black panel? The panel needs to be removed in order to get to the black vinyl boot where the connectors are.

The connectors are standard 5/32" or .156 (or .157)" (4mm for you metric types) bullet connectors.

Have a 2010 so I can't help with the second part.

You do not need to remove the windshield to remove that panel. I raise mine all the way up to get to the plastic rivet that needs to be removed. You have to press in the center of the rivet with a piece of wire to remove it. ;)

I found that I could remove the windshield faster than trying to get the plastic rivet out from under the shield. It takes all of one minute or so, to remove the shield. Why not just get it out of the way to have more room to work? I personally do no see any benefit in not removing the shield. It also gives you the opportunity to give it a good cleaning.  ;)

Flathead said:
The connectors are standard 5/32" or .156 (or .157)" (4mm for you metric types) bullet connectors.

Have a 2010 so I can't help with the second part.

Thanks man! I know some of my questions are idiotic in nature but can't help it. I am going through a so called learning process and that's how it is for now. :beerchug:

A right angle screwdriver pops the rivet under the windshield with no problems.

2802d1286942390-help-front-grill-removal-right-angle-srewdriver.jpg

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
They are way in the back of a black rubber boot under the right side black panel and they are bullet connectors.
]

Is there a fuse somewhere for these?

Yes, the front & rear accessory leads, as well as the dash outlet are on the accessory circuit. The fuse is under the seat. The 08-09 C14's have a 10amp fuse for this circuit. But the 2010+ C14's only have a 5amp fuse. Probably because of the addition of the heated grips.