• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Add-on riding lights

gvmerle

Bicycle
I want to add more front lighting to my C-14 but am not finding much on the internet.  Who likes what for adding running/fog lights?
Thanks for any suggestions from those who have added lighting.

Thanks Bob.  Still not seeing what I am looking for.  I want to be seen, not see.  I am not looking for anything too bright, just noticeable lighting like I have added to the Goldwing.

i found some strips of LED lights at Autozone that i attached to the lower front ferring of my scoot. they're about 18 inches long and help catch people's attention. PM me and i'll send you a pic... also found some red LED strips that i added as running and brake lights. hooked the brake lights to a signal dynamics modulator and they work great.

Rick

GVmerle said:
Thanks Bob.  Still not seeing what I am looking for.  I want to be seen, not see.  I am not looking for anything too bright, just noticeable lighting like I have added to the Goldwing.

Well, from the front of the bike the lights that help you to see DO make you easily seen. It's a win-win. I really like these:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4074

From the back of the bike I like the Kisan deceleration warning system:
https://www.kisantech.com/

I think the light modulation is more effective than a bunch of little lights all over the place. The problem isn't that the bike can't be seen, it's that it's not getting their attention. A flashing brake light is hard to miss.

Thanks Whaler.  I have seen the PIAA lights on many bikes and like them.  That is probably what I will go with.

Twisted Throttle sells the Denali driving lights which you can also set up as fog lights. The supplied wiring harness lets you sync them to your headlights, low intensity for low beam, high intensity for high beam. Or 100% all the time, like if you set up as fog lights.

I got the newest version recently, v2, and am starting the install soon. Will mount them on the brackets which hold the reflector on the front wheel area of my ZX14.

Going to run them in fog light mode, with the supplied on/off button on the left side where I can reach it easy.

Very small lights, powerful, and high quality construction.

if you want to be seen and are not so much concerned forward lighting, then this is a good solution.  these are tir3 leds for emergency vehicles that i bought from new hampshire led's ( http://www.nhleds.com/ ).  paul is a good guy and has fair prices.  tell him tom sent you.

the draw is only 3 watts per module, so there plenty of juice to spare for other farkles...

modules with sheet metal brackets that i made
034.jpg

coated with bedliner spray (duplicolor spray can) and ready for installation
036.jpg

white led's are on top, front view
043.jpg

rear view
002-1.jpg

ambers are down low for that triangle effect.
044.jpg

i leave both sets on all the time.  it is very eye catching and the ambers really pop during the daytime!
photos dont do led's justice...day
040.jpg

night
042.jpg

i bought a red one and installed it on the rear.  it is VERY eye catching.  tailgaters have reduced dramatically when flashed
016.jpg