• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Adirondack Rides?

drydocked

Big Wheel
I will be taking my girlfriend and C10 through the Adirondacks for 5 days this up coming weekend. Any recommendations of routes and "can't miss" places would be appreciated. Regards, Dan

We've had several northeast area rallies in the Lake George region of the Adirondacks. The collection of ride suggestions from the rallies is posted in the member library under the "NE Area Rides and Event" section. Check them out. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Since your taking your girlfriend, then she will appreciate: 1. Walking downtown Lake Placid. 2. The top of Whiteface mountain. 3. For myself CR-6 (Witherbee to junction of 9 & 87 AKA Tracy Rd.) is highly entertaining with smooth asphalt.

Hi Dan, one piece of advice I'll offer. Watch your gas. Riding around there at Americade a few years ago I found I was thankful that Connie has a large gas tank. There are some beautiful roads to ride there. Check out Lake Placid ski area. Take the lift up for a great view. Aging is scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker!

I want to thank all of you for your posts. They are very helpful. Weather is supposed to be great. I will report back and send pix if there is a place to do that. As you can tell, I am new to the site. Best to all, Dan