• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

adjustable kickstand

Hello
I just had muzzy links put on my 2012 connie love that it is now comfortable to stop! I put in 1.5 inch links.
I dont want to spend 150.00 dollars on an adjustable kickstand so I am thinking on cutting and welding I am sure I am not the first to think of this or to do it.
Could someone who has already done this link a picture of where you cut and how much you took out and any bracing you may have put in.
Your input would be great .

thank you very much

i also did the muzzy's, but did not have to do anything with the side stand. i even took all the rear preload just to see how low it would go, the stand still was reasonable on level ground. i now have the preload at about 12 turns out from soft, about midway, and it is fine.  however, if i pull over on a steeply chambered road, i play it safe by angling the bike or picking a better spot to pull over.  still use center stand by using 2 by 10, 1.5 inches. seems like some guys get away with no need for a side stand replacement. check your preload, to see if you are way soft.  way soft will comprise you cornering (pegs feelers) and if you are a big guy, you may bottom the rear.  i did not drop the front, and the bike still handles fine.  you will scrap pegs if you ride hard enough, but getting my feet flat was worth it.

I had 3/4 " taken out of the kickstand now it is all good nice lean and don't have to worrie, I too did not raise the forks and see no difference in handeling but then again I am not a spirited rider.

I took 3/4" out of my side kick stand and that was more than enough. The hardest part is getting the spring back on afterwards. I put new PR-2's on at the same time I installed the Muzzy links so I don't know how much difference each change made but it sure is sweet now!

HotWire said:
I took 3/4" out of my side kick stand and that was more than enough. The hardest part is getting the spring back on afterwards. I put new PR-2's on at the same time I installed the Muzzy links so I don't know how much difference each change made but it sure is sweet now!

I bought the Muzzy lowering links here in C-14 Emporium, and it came with an adjustable kick stand. So just had to fool with the adjustment to get it just right.

Now to get the center stand done ... I miss it.