• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Adjusting front suspension on 2002 Concours

jtmandeville

Big Wheel
Hello all.  I am a new Concours owner as of this week.  Bought a 2002 with only 3,900 original miles on it.  I have found the owner's manual to be less than enlightening in several respects, one being how the heck do you get the caps off the top of the forks to get to the adjusters?  Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks!

It's been a while since I had my 03. But IIRC, they are just press in and pry right out. I'm sure someone will pop on here with the info!

I used a plastic paint stick you can pick up at most hardware stores. I filed it down so it would fit under the cap better.

I own the 03 model. I assume that the adjusters are the same i.e. round aluminium caps on top of each fork. They can be prised out using something like a small sharp implement such as an awl. An average -sized screwdriver will not do it as the blade of the screwdriver is too thick. A small screwdriver might do it. They lift out and clip back in relatively easily as they have a series of small clips right around them underneath allowing for a snug fit when pressed onto top of the stem.

Smoky here. I just noticed after posting a reply (first one on this site), that they think I am from the U.S. Can't they tell from my accent?! I'm an aussie!

Smoky,  I think they only have the 6 US sub areas and any out of the country members have to fall into one of the six areas still.  I would put your location in your signature and not worry about the cog area to much.