• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

After market exhaust

pkallgren

Tricycle
I am considering installing a Vance and Hines slip-on  on my 2010. I like the looks, has any one installed one and how does it sound?

I really like the look, sound, and weight savings of my Two Brothers CF exhaust. Don't know about the V&H.

so how much does the stock exhaust REALLY weigh then if everyone says that you save all that weight?

I have an AreaP exhaust which not only looks and sounds great, but gained me 5HP and saved 12lbs of weight after removing that ugly bazooka.

I love my CS One.

csone.jpg

I'm much less concerned with lowering the weight and really just want to get rid of that potato launcher that comes stock. A little bit throatier sound would also be nice, but I don't want too loud.

I like the looks of the CS1, but what I've seen on YouTube seems to be too loud for my taste.

I like the Leo Vince and the noise level seems to be much lower with the baffle installed, but at $700 that's a huge chunk to pay just to get off the ugly stock muffler.

Is the Two Brothers V.A.L.E. what I'm looking for???

Suggestions for my '11 ABS?

wally_games said:
I like the looks of the CS1, but what I've seen on YouTube seems to be too loud for my taste.

For just a little more Vance and Hines offers a sound insert to quiet it down.
At idle its barely noticeable, but at WOT it sounds amazing.

the bike I bought has the two brothers carbon and it seems nice..  not really loud until you hammer..  I went WOT 2nd, 3rd and 4th and when the RPMs were up, the exhaust sounded absolutely wicked.. 

+1 two brothers CF

I bought my bike with the two brothers CF and love the sound from idol on up.  At low RPM it's a quiet sort of deep growl and as you twist it on the volume turns up quite a but but not obnoxiously loud.

I went with the Area P slip on. I personally went with the stainless steel can. As stated already, it saved about 10-12lbs. They state the slip on gives a 5 hp gain. With a motor this big, it's really hard to notice whether it would be 1,2,5,7 hp. Although it did feel slightly stronger after install. But it was pretty quiet. Both at idle and WOT, it was close to factory noise levels. Which was the selling point for me. But it had a much lower slight growl for a sound. And (In my case) the Stainless steel looked great on the bike. The Area P was IMO, and excellent and as quiet an aftermarket can as you will find. If not the most quiet, it's right there with them!
Now with that said, I also like the look of the V&H! Brent's bike looks great with that can and that C14 red!

Cap'n Bob said:
I went with the Area P slip on. I personally went with the stainless steel can. As stated already, it saved about 10-12lbs. They state the slip on gives a 5 hp gain. With a motor this big, it's really hard to notice whether it would be 1,2,5,7 hp. Although it did feel slightly stronger after install. But it was pretty quiet. Both at idle and WOT, it was close to factory noise levels. Which was the selling point for me. But it had a much lower slight growl for a sound. And (In my case) the Stainless steel looked great on the bike. The Area P was IMO, and excellent and as quiet an aftermarket can as you will find. If not the most quiet, it's right there with them!
Now with that said, I also like the look of the V&H! Brent's bike looks great with that can and that C14 red!

I bought the VH CS1 but that stainless Area P looks killer on your bike Cap!