• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Aftermarket fairings

Has anyone had any luck with swapping out some fairings on maybe a 91 z1000 or something like that on a 1991 concours 1000? Trying to figure out a way to change the front fairing out because I don’t like how wide it is and the windscreen, feel like the ninja 1000 fairings would give a more sleek look but didn’t know if anyone had tried it yet

The gpz route has been done successfully so I'd recommend going that way. Switching plastics can be a challenge and can get pricey. If you like fabrication and have tools, skills and money, then go for it. You'll have folks here cheering you on. If you're not up for all of that, I 'd leave Connie alone. Use it as intended and pick up a sport bike. One reason I bought a C10 to begin with was the fairing. Make it your cool to cold weather bike. Nothing wrong with having a bike for every occasion.😉

The above is a forum follower airmonger. Took a K1100RS (BMW) and said it adapted easily. Of course the bike has several major mods but the fairing isn't bothered

Forum membr talonl put a GPZ900 fairing and stay along with gauges (plugs matched), radiator, headlight, and a modified radiator hose from a GPZ900. . Perhaps some other body bits too. Stay was a direct bolt on as the frames appear to be identical to the ZG1000, at least up front, reportedly with holes to accommodate ZG1000 and GPZ900 stays.

More Info: https://forum.concours.org/index.php?threads/i-did-a-thing.47606/

1686413918403.png