• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ALPINESTAR Scout riding boots REPAIR

jdsco

My Alpinestar Scout boots are 6 years old.
These are my flyfishing shallow waders, as well.
I just noticed that the rear heal has partially separated from the boot sole.
I'm looking at this tube of E6000 and hoping it's going to work.

I'm curious if anyone has a proven "glue" remedy?

I just used E6k on my Sidi sole that was coming loose.  It has held for about a mile of walking so far.  just be sure it is clean and de greased before you apply.

SHOEGOO is the repair I used.
It requires 24 cure and is gap filling. It's tits!
No heat required but surfaces must be clean and proper clamping is essential.
I rode a lot of single-track last week, a lot of peg standing, and this repair is holding well, so far.
Resoles are $65-85 not including new factory soles.

A friends SIDI's folded a sole backward so he removed the sole, cleaned all surfaces and reapplied the sole with SHOEGOO.
It's still attached 1 year later.

Doesn't hurt to rinse-off your boots and bike after wet riding if your state uses Mag CHloride road treatment.

Had a hole on the heal of my scouts, repaired with 3 thin layers of black shoe goo.
Lightly buffed the area with 600 grit then cleaned with iso-alcohol  first.
As others posted let cure for several days.
They are not as rain proof as they once were, not from the hole.
Time to soak them in camp dry spray.....

I've had good results with "Barge All Purpose Cement" regluing the soles on my Sidi Vertigo boots.  I don't use them for wading though.

At one of the events, I had a sole come loose.
Had to do a Overnight / emergency repair; So, I glued it with Gorilla Glue..
Still on the boot 3 years later..

NOTE :  I seldom use that boot anymore.. But occasionally use it for a backup.

Ride safe, Ted