• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

am I the magic #550?

MAN OF BLUES

well, sooner or later it has to happen....  :mad:

momma and I just returned from a 1200 mile trip to see her daughter get married, we rode the twisties thru the mountains of W.Va., Va., Tennesee, and N.C., without incident, 2 up on the C14, and pulling our trailer... fantastic time....
even rode 80 miles thru a tornado, and worst rain I have ever seen, running the 4way flashers creeping along at 45-50mph in W.Va. before entering Ohio...all good....
sooooo.... we are both whipped when we get home late Monday afternoon, and I disconnect the trailer and wheel it in the garage, because I didn't feel like unloading it right away... bike sittin in the driveway....
aroundusk I decide to roll it in the shop and shut it all down for the day...
weasel that puppy in close to the wall,.so I can walk around it, and a one nano-second brainfart.... omg.... she'going down captain, and I can't stop 'er....
gently laying on its side, and taking a nap, while I try to figure how to get between it and the wall, to begin my torture...
ended up having to attach a come along to the rafters, to get it up high enough to get in to grab a handhold, and finally got it up... man, my back still hurts...
lost the left peg scraper/spark thrower, mini scratch on mirror, and another scuff on front fender... all in all not much damage....it'll buff out, right?

thank goodness I didn't have the bags on it...  HVMP Bar weights saved the day...

oh well, that's my story, and I'm stickin to it.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm sorry about the drop, MOB, but am glad the damage was minor. I dropped my '13 C14 in my garage a couple of years ago, but couldn't figure out how anonymity fits into the equation with this forum topic, so I never admitted to it. Maybe it should be retitled, "Connie Droppers Admittingly".  ;D

You're actually the magic #549 because talcon gave his back - I didn't realize he was already #222.  Do you want to wait until someone else admits to it?  Like Bigfoot, maybe?
;)

ChipDoc said:
You're actually the magic #549 because talcon gave his back - I didn't realize he was already #222.  Do you want to wait until someone else admits to it?  Like Bigfoot, maybe?
;)
Are you kiddin'?  Big Jim can pick it up with one hand.  He ain't gonna drop it.

Rev Ryder said:
ChipDoc said:
;)
Are you kiddin'?  Big Jim can pick it up with one hand.  He ain't gonna drop it.
Bigfoot_16 said:
I dropped my '13 C14 in my garage a couple of years ago
You don't actually read these posts, do you Rev?  ;)

ChipDoc said:
Rev Ryder said:
ChipDoc said:
;)
Bigfoot_16 said:
I dropped my '13 C14 in my garage a couple of years ago
You don't actually read these posts, do you Rev?  ;)
So... if I say "No" would you be able to believe me?  :)

:beerchug:
ChipDoc said:
Well of course I would, Rev - I've done it myself!
;)
My silly point was if I answered your question I had obviously read it somewhere.  ;D

But yeah, I don't always catch all the CDA posts, nor do I report all of my own.  :-X

But I have to admit I DID read every post in this thread. I'm just losing it.  :(

OK, let's get back to the original topic.  Now that Pilgrim has taken the 549th slot, you've become the 550th, MoB.  May you never have another!

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 550th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:
0546 C10 Jeffrey Hayes
0547 C14 Gary Moniz
0548 C10 Jesus Alvarez
0549 C14 Joseph Gionet
0550 C14 Richard Riczinger

ChipDoc said:
OK, let's get back to the original topic.  Now that Pilgrim has taken the 549th slot, you've become the 550th, MoB.  May you never have another!

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 550th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

0546 C10 Jeffrey Hayes
0547 C14 Gary Moniz
0548 C10 Jesus Alvarez
0549 C14 Joseph Gionet

OK, Paul. I'll officially 'fess up and admit that I dropped my 2013 Connie not once, but twice. Maybe I'm #551? The first time was in my garage while pushing the bike, me standing on its left side, the garage door began to close (very twitch remote in my pocket) and all I could think of was I didn't want that door to crush my Cee Bailey windshield. I panicked and tried to put my foot in the auto-reverse beam and lost my balance with the bike. Over it went, albeit slowly. It only sustained a couple of minor scratches. I got my son to help me pick it up as it was pinned against the wall and I had no room to pick it up via the approved, one-person method.

The 2nd time was after my son, a friend of his (my passenger) and I had ridden the Dragon about eight times and other wonderful roads in SE Tennessee. We came to the end of a road where I had to do a slow speed U-turn in the rain. I don't know if my passenger leaned or not, but I know I was tired and should've had my feet down for that turn. Again, just a couple of scratches: one on the left mirror and one on the left saddlebag.

On my new '15 I have MCE Canyon Cages and rear bag cages installed. Fortunately, I have not dropped this bike - yet.

Go ahead and give me my deserved number, now that my anonymity is no more. Thanks, I guess... :mad:

Yep, you're #551 Jim.  Glad to hear your windshield survived and that neither you nor your passenger was hurt in the rain.  And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 551st recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

0547 C14 Gary Moniz
0548 C10 Jesus Alvarez
0549 C14 Joseph Gionet
0551 C14 Jim Cowles