• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Americade

I'm a new member of COG and live just 10 miles south of Lake George in Lake Luzerne.I would really like to meet some members. Is anyone interested in meeting at Denny's Restaurant, on Aviation Road in Queensbury for breakfast on Wed. June 3rd. at 9:30 AM.I am formiliar with all the roads in this area if anyone is interested in going for a ride that day. Thanks , Mike Quindazzi izzadniuq@yahoo.com

Jeez! Talk about bad timing! :( I've been a regular for fifteen years straight staying at O'Sullivan's in town. This year I started a new job and couldn't get the days and lost my roomie so we let the room go. Iknow for a fact a couple of Coggers were interested in going so keep a lookout here. We'll be back next year though just not in town, thanks to my roomie buying a house in Queensbury....FREE DIGS!!!!! Try to make plans to hit the Fall Foliage tour in Pa we'd love to have you. Welcome to the asylum! Terry Faherty COG #792 AMA #526406 NYC Metro AAD and chief bottle washer Bikes may change but a COGer forever!

Welcome Mike. I'm doing the COG national... so Americade is out for me this year. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Thanks Mike, I live in NYC but will be on a camping vacation with the wife and dog near lake george. I will see what I can do to make a run, I planned on bringing the connie with me anyways. Glad to know I can make a break for breakfast and maybe a quick ride. I will let you know in the next 2 weeks but it sounds good! 98 Windsor Green Connie 11k

When I go to Americade I like to eat breakfast at the Log Cabin Diner on NY-9N between Lake George & Lake Luzerne. It has been almost ten years since my last visit. I wonder if it is still there. Mike Aldea, COG-528 Charter Life AMA Hawthorne, NJ
2520423130102652906S200x200Q85.jpg
2710979210102652906GMlQTI_th.jpg

I will be going through there while Americade is on. I might stop and look around as it is over twenty years since I was last there.

From the south take exit 20 off the Northway(87)At the traffic light make a left and go north about 1/3 mile on right.From Lake George Village go south on Rt.9 (not 9W)for about 4 miles to the light at Rt.149. Just past light make left into parking lot.

I think the name is Log Jam Restaurant, right? (although it is a log cabin) That place has been a dinner favorite of mine since the earlier 80's. Great steak & salad bar. It is one of my "must do's" each time I am in Lake George. Funny thing... I've never been there for breakfast. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Geez Andy, I am brain dead. That is the Log Jam I gave directions to,not the Log Cabin. I believe the Log Cabin was on Pilot Knob Road and is I think closed.

Hey Mike and everyone. I will be seeing you on Wednesday at the Log Jam Restaurant on Wednesday @ 9:30am. Mike I will send you a private message with my cell number, just in case. See you then -Andy 98 Windsor Green Connie 13k COG #8566 AMA #1084059

Sorry I missed you at the Log Jam Wednesday....ran a little late, got there at 9:40am....just in time to realize the Log Jam doesn't open for breakfast. Next year there is a great place not but two doors down, Old Post grill I think, they serve a wicked breakfast buffet. until we meet again for the first time 98 Windsor Green Connie 13k COG #8566 AMA #1084059

Pictures, pictures, anybody care to post some pictures of Americade stuff this year. I sure miss it. Hopefully next year. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z