• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

An invitation to Ride B.C., Canada this summer

cogdave

Now that temperatures are rising, it’s time to start scheduling 2013 rides. Here’s what I propose. Since I am fairly centrally located here in Shuswap country, within four hours of eighty percent of B.C., my backyard would be a good meeting place for a couple of B.C. rides.  This would also afford us the luxury of beer, barbecue, fire pit banter, and bedroll at the end of the day. Ride routes, yet to be defined (trust me, there are no bad routes), would likely be in a 500 -700 km. range.

I need some feedback from you on the following proposed schedule.

May 25th – 27th
Saturday - meet at Chase Saturday 25th. Bring bedroll, tent, bathing suit and/or golf clubs and enjoy a day on the lake/golf course. Luxurious garage accommodation can be arranged for those not wishing to pack a portable house. Enjoy evening beer, bar-b and banter around the fire pit.
Sunday – Dump luggage and ride. Specific route to be decided between now and then and likely modified – maybe even rewritten the night before (all things are flexible). Group consensus rules. It all depends who shows up. We’ll end up back at Chase late afternoon.
Monday –  Return home.

May 31 – June 2nd
For the southerners, you could hit the Bun Cooler in Idaho on the way home

June 29th – July 1st
Meet in Chase again.
Canada Day long weekend. Same format as May 25th – 27th.

August 26th – 30th
COG National Rally at Idaho Falls. I expect to be on the road for at least two weeks centering around the National. Maybe some of us can hook up for the ride.

There is no word yet on the NW regional rally so that may skew some of this but hopefully not. I will plan to ride May 26th and June 30th anyway with or without company. I’ll enjoy the ride either way but I hope we can make it an event.

Give me some positive feedback and I'll get this on the official ride schedule.

Dave Owen
B.C. AAD.
Chase, B.C.

Dave:

All good ideas! I'd need to get a passport so I could get home.  Might be as good a reason as any to get one.

Jathka Joe

Thanks Joe. I hope it's a good enough reason. Start soon. It can take a while to navigate the immigration bureaucracy. Hope to see you this summer.
D.

I'd love to ride BC with you. I'm running the Bun Cooler this year so I don't think I can make the early ride. The later date might be a conflict with the Nationals. The middle date sounds doable. There are lots of rides getting scheduled so set a date before too long so we can put it on our schedule.

Hey Jim,
Good to hear from you. Consider the May 26th and June 30th ride dates a done deal. I won't be down for the Bun Cooler but hopefully you can make it up here on June 30th. If not I already have my room booked for Idaho Falls so I'll see you there.

Dave.

May 25th weekend ride sounds like a good time. I have passport in hand and am putting it on my schedule now. Hope work does not mind. 

I also plan on riding two weeks around the National. I was thinking of slabbing it to Seattle then riding the N. Cascade Highway, stay at my sisters cabin in Mazama for a day or so then really no destination until I need to be in Idaho Falls.

Work??? What is this work of which you speak??
Hope the warden gives you a pass and you can make it up. If you can, do Sumas border crossing, then Hope to Princeton, Merritt, then 5A to Kamloops. Nice route.
Hope to see you. Let me know if you have any questions. email cogdave@telus.net or 250 679 4414
Dave.

jathkajoe said:
Dave:

All good ideas! I'd need to get a passport so I could get home.  Might be as good a reason as any to get one.

Jathka Joe

If you live in Washington State just get you enhanced drivers license It will work as a passport land and sea.