• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

And yet another new guy

steviemac

Bicycle
Hi everyone,

I’m purchasing a 2001 Concours today, although I won’t be able to pick it up until Tuesday. It has 65,000 miles on it but she has obviously been loved and very well taken care of.  It’s also accessorized quite nicely.  I’ll get some pictures posted once she’s home and has had a bath.

She’s got a leaky fork seal and the carbs could use a good balance but I plan on doing a full stem to stern maintenance on her once she’s home.  I’ll no doubt have my share of questions along the way. 

Cheers,
Steve

Welcome, Steve. This is the place for information on the Concours. And, if you haven't done so, might I suggest you also join COG. Your area has quite a bit of activity so join in!

Eddie

Eddie-FL said:
Welcome, Steve. This is the place for information on the Concours. And, if you haven't done so, might I suggest you also join COG. Your area has quite a bit of activity so join in!

Eddie

For years I've been hearing and reading about the Concours and how great the COG is.  I will join.  Let me get the bike in my hot little hands first.  It always seems like bad luck to me to start spending money on a bike I don't even have yet.

I'm also a new guy, I have three other bikes 87 wing, 81 R100RT, 93 electra glide all are for sale
and I'm looking to buy a Connie, I think this is probably the best bang for the buck if
you want a two up bike that is moderately fast comfortable and good handling and some
lean angle, reliable and spare parts can be found.  What are the best year 95 up?
Probably doesn't matter.

Thanks for the welcome folks.  I just picked up the bike and brought it back to my office.

Here’s the list of accessories I found in the trunk:

Genmar bar risers
Added side marker/signal lights
Stainless steel screw kit (fairing, windshield, foot pegs)
Euro fairing flairs
Progressive springs
Front fender extender
Tank bra (it’s not on the bike but may be in the trunk (it’s full!)
Deer whistles
Rifle 17” windshield
GIVI top box with backrest and brake light kit
Universal power plate
Ground block
Centre lift handle (for center stand)
Aerostich thermometer
K&N air filter
Fork brace
Bergman manual fuel petcock
Wired for electric gloves
Galfer front stainless brake lines
Galfer stainless clutch line
Throttlemeister bar weights and throttle lock

The previous owner has included all of his maintenance records and all the receipts for parts and service. There’s even the installation instructions for the aftermarket parts and all the take off parts seem to have been included.  Each individually bagged and labelled. 
;D

WOW! What service. My '01 came with a handful of bent parts and a salvage title.  :nananana:

hi Steve,
  Welcome to the show.  The forks are pretty much like any other fork that style, so the seals aren't that big a deal.  When you have things apart is a good time to drill and tap some drain holes at the bottom of the fork legs if you want to be able to drain them without removing them next time.  If you want info on how and where, I can show you pictures and tell you some locating dimensions.