• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Another Newbie in Central Ar.

Just Cliff

Hello out there,
My name is Cliff I'm new to COG, I ride a 08 C14 bought new 3 yrs. ago has only 40,000 miles on it. Hoping to meet people to ride with so I can ride more & not alone. So if you're near call, ready to ride most anytime - anywhere. If traveling & need help call or if you need a place to wrench, pitch a tent, have a beer call! Wife might even cook a burger!

Welcome Cliff !! I like my burgers very rare, like I tell the waitress, "walk it through the kitchen, show it the grill, hit it in the head and bring it to me"  :rotflmao:

Hey Just Cliff, you have a great attitude. Your invite is appealing. The same goes for you if you find yourself in East Texas..........blanton

Thanks everybody, I held off joining cog because I'm a computer dumbass. I've never posted, chatted, tweeted, blogged, why hell I don't even text use GPS or bluetooth. So you see I was afraid of this type environment, but I'm getting the hang of it. Even though pictures & maps are way out of my leauge, guess I'll have to get the wife or kids for the advanced stuff! :-[

Hey Cliff!  ^-^ Great invite.. My Mom is in Hot Springs and I USE to have a brother that got me into riding in Little Rock. (still have the brother but he abandoned me for N Carolina) Hope to get that way some time soon.. where are you located in respect?
Welcome aboard!

Welcome Cliff,
I am your area director for COG.  I have been away for a trip and just got back.  Did you happen to notice a GTG last weekend in Hot Springs?  It was on the calendar.  I could not make it. :(  There are usually a few rides up there each year so catch you next time.

I know the DFW area assistant director Butch also has a cabin up there someplace NE of Hot Springs.

Bob,
Yes I did make it, I really enjoyed myself. Had a good ride saturday with a couple guys from TX. & 1 from Kanasas City was very glad I went!  Thanks for asking.  :))

Tell me all about it! I can use it for a ride report in the newsletters.  I always need content and pictures.
I felt bad that Gary set that up south in Hot Springs partly because I was complaining about how hard it was for me to get much further north then that in a one day ride.  I decided months ago to take my vacation dollars another way but forgot to tell him I would not make it.  Did Gary show up?  He is from Sherwood in north Ar.

Just Cliff said:
Thanks everybody, I held off joining cog because I'm a computer dumbass. I've never posted, chatted, tweeted, blogged, why hell I don't even text use GPS or bluetooth. So you see I was afraid of this type environment, but I'm getting the hang of it. Even though pictures & maps are way out of my leauge, guess I'll have to get the wife or kids for the advanced stuff! :-[

Sounds to me like you will fit right into this crowd.
I'm a Computer Illiterate myself!! (and proud of it)

If you ever get down Houston way,,, stop by fer a visit.
I think we may be up that way in the Fall. Mebbe we'll see you then.

If your considering a real ride,,, we're planning a National in Vermont....  :-\
C'mon up and join in the fun. You will be very impressed by the COG people!!!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I think we may be up that way in the Fall. Mebbe we'll see you then.

Rumor is Fred wants to do Jacks Fishing Resort again.  I am all up for that.

Bob,
Yes Gary made it. We ate at an Italian restaraunt down the the road & had a good meal along with a few beers (we walked) Sat outside on the hotel porch, had good visit & got know each other a little better. There was 4 of us solo & 3 couples, Gary & his wife, Jim & his wife From Jacksonville I believe. Then Dennis & Nancy from OK (I think names are right) Gary & Jim were going to hang close & just ride a couple of hrs. Dennis had to get a new tire for his C14 as they were headed for Mississippi. Nancy was riding a Vulcan. That left George, (Dallas area) Randy (S. TX) both riding FJR's. Then Jerry (Kansas City) riding Triumph Sprint & I riding my 08 C14. We had a good ride up & over Magazine Mt. then headed north of I-40 to some better twisties. We had sandwich's over looking the Cass river. Then headed back to Clarksville for gas. We split up at Russellville because I didn't have a room for the night, hotel was full so I just headed on home. I didn't regester till Fri. afternoon.  Overall a good bunch people & a good ride. :)
Cliff

Ted,
I'm not sure what you call a real ride, I just got back yesterday from a little ride out east with the wife (only 2400 mi.) I will be going to Montana & the Dakotas end of July for a two week ride so that leaves me out for the national. Just not enough time or money!
Cliff