• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any Portlanders Interested in Riding

brady

Moped
I was wondering if a ride was planned for a Sunday afternoon if there are any Portland riders that would be interested? Im just taking a temperature gauge. I am also wondering how may Portland riders are out there?

Post a ride, they will come.... ;D

Brady said:
I was wondering if a ride was planned for a Sunday afternoon if there are any Portland riders that would be interested? Im just taking a temperature gauge. I am also wondering how may Portland riders are out there?

I'm in Aloha, and depending on the time I might be interested.

Gotta take advantage of the good weather while we still have it!

UD

Udoggie said:
I'm in Aloha, and depending on the time I might be interested.

Gotta take advantage of the good weather while we still have it!

UD

Well, did a fairly short loop down corn pass, around Sauvie's Island, and back up McNamee (one of my fav's)

http://goo.gl/maps/6pTXc

Maybe next time.

UD

I partially just want to get an idea of how many PDX riders there are. In the past 2 years that I have been a member of COG I have seen very few portland based rides.

I just ran a report of active members, and here's what I got for paid members in the Portland area: 10 Portland, 2 Milwaukie, 1 Aloha, 1 Aurora, 5 Beaverton, 1 Canby, 1 Damascus, 1 Fairview, 1 Forest Grove, 1 Gresham, 3 Hillsboro, 1 Lake Oswego, 1 Oregon City, 1 Sherwood, 2 Tigard, 1 Tualatin, 1 Yamhill.  My calculator says that adds up to 34 full paid members no farther away than Yamhill.  I'm guessing most of them are in the Witness Protection Program, because I've seen fewer than five of them face-to-face.  I think the rest are scared to show up anywhere a camera might capture their likeness.  They can't risk having their mugs published in the Concourier, because it goes out all over the world and is read by millions.  OK, maybe only a little over 1,900, but it does go out to different countries.
  Pretty soon Oregon will see a changing of the guard with Dan Stombaugh taking over AAD duties from Steve Mustoe, so look for Dan to be trying to instigate some activities.  Hopefully you and he can do some rides and then spread the word about how much fun it was, and see if you can get some of them to come over for the Stevenson party next year.  We had a blast riding some great roads, and only one guy from Portland came. He wasn't even a member until he rode with us and decided we were his kind of trouble, so technically no Oregon members came.  Hopefully that will change.

Brady said:
I partially just want to get an idea of how many PDX riders there are. In the past 2 years that I have been a member of COG I have seen very few portland based rides.

I'm in the Portland area Brady.  :beerchug:

Sorry I couldn't go today bro, we were in Eugene at a big BBQ for all parents, our daughter is starting her freshman year at U of O, go Ducks!  :)

I'm the 'Witness' protected in Lake Oswego.  I'm always up for a ride when I'm in town, but I need to plan a few weeks out.  I'd be happy to meet up and ride anytime beginning Oct 20.

I'm out in Aloha, though seem to rarely have time to ride except to work and at lunch from work.  Highly interested in riding, but little ability to ever get away.

Hey Charlie, How do you report of active members. I looked in members search but I don't see how to do that. I was wondering how many people are in teh Charleston, SC area.

Cwo2mustang said:
Hey Charlie, How do you report of active members. I looked in members search but I don't see how to do that. I was wondering how many people are in teh Charleston, SC area.

A report like that requires access to the member management system.  Since it reveals all kinds of personal information, the ability to do that is limited to COG officers.  One way you could do it without a computer is to look in the member handbook that comes out once a year.  The front half is the alphabetical listings, but the back half is all done by city and state.  It won't be 100% complete because not everybody wants to be listed in the book, but it will get you close.  Another way would be to send your AD a note asking for the info.  I can only do reports for the Northwest, so I can't tell you how many are in or near Charleston.

There are several upcoming events in the southeast area.
Check the calender and try to attend all that you can and meet others that will also have good information esp on the owners that often ride from S.C.
The Area Director is Al Norcross: sead@cog-online.org

Yes, I am interested and now that I am looking at becoming the Oregon AAD, I guess I had better start spending more time monitoring this Forum!!! I'm headed out tomorrow morning for a "little ride" over to Grand Teton National Park. Spending the night in Idaho Falls tomorrow and then on to Palisades Dam and Jackson Lake Dam while at the same time using my new National Parks "Senior Pass". LOL

I usually have a lot of irons in the fire but love to ride. Short rides, long rides. They're all good. I hope to finally pop the 30K mark this year using my two Connies. So, just let me know as far ahead as possible.
Looking forward to meeting you and the other local boys.

ZG,
    I am in Eugene, should your daughter need any emergency assistance she can get in touch with me. Both my wife (UO undergraduate, now CFO at the Duck Store) and I (UO graduate degree) are always there for ducklings :)
    I am having a tech session the 13th of this month, a chance to ride down the slab, touch base with your daughter, and do some tweaking on your Connie. If nothing else it's a time to eat donuts and pizza, check out other folks' farkles, kick tires, and swap lies. Oh yeah, we actually get a bit of wrenching done,

Steve
Soon to be Ex-AAD for Oregon

Sorry I couldn't go today bro, we were in Eugene at a big BBQ for all parents, our daughter is starting her freshman year at U of O, go Ducks!  :)
[/quote]

Steve Mustoe said:
ZG,
    I am in Eugene, should your daughter need any emergency assistance she can get in touch with me. Both my wife (UO undergraduate, now CFO at the Duck Store) and I (UO graduate degree) are always there for ducklings :)
    I am having a tech session the 13th of this month, a chance to ride down the slab, touch base with your daughter, and do some tweaking on your Connie. If nothing else it's a time to eat donuts and pizza, check out other folks' farkles, kick tires, and swap lies. Oh yeah, we actually get a bit of wrenching done,

Steve
Soon to be Ex-AAD for Oregon

Thanks Steve, I really appreciate that!  :great:

Yep, I might just have to head back down there next weekend to see her and stop by your place too...

OK, I guess it's official now and now that I am AAD for Oregon, I'll be planning and hosting a ride EVERY month next year. My basic plan is to pick a specific Saturday each month and switch back and forth between meeting for breakfast prior to ride departures on the East side of metro Portland and the West side of metro Portland. East side on even months (Feb., April, June, etc) and West side on odd months. After breakfast, departure will be about 0930 and the rides will vary from 4-6 hours with a lunch break during most. I'll make up six rides to be repeated starting in July. Maybe the opposite direction as originally ridden. Any questions or comments are welcome. Watch the Forum and the events calendar for a posting of the rides. Hope to meet/ride with ALL of you sometime this coming year.    :motonoises:

DamDan said:
OK, I guess it's official now and now that I am AAD for Oregon, I'll be planning and hosting a ride EVERY month next year. My basic plan is to pick a specific Saturday each month and switch back and forth between meeting for breakfast prior to ride departures on the East side of metro Portland and the West side of metro Portland. East side on even months (Feb., April, June, etc) and West side on odd months. After breakfast, departure will be about 0930 and the rides will vary from 4-6 hours with a lunch break during most. I'll make up six rides to be repeated starting in July. Maybe the opposite direction as originally ridden. Any questions or comments are welcome. Watch the Forum and the events calendar for a posting of the rides. Hope to meet/ride with ALL of you sometime this coming year.    :motonoises:

Looking forward to catching some of those rides with ya in 2013 Double D!  :great:

DamDam,

I'd love to put my name in the hat on hosting a RTE or possibly a RTS (ride to stay) at our hotel in Dufur, OR.  I'll be in touch with you when I have a better idea of what summer weekends are booked out with weddings.

Hope to be able to make at least a few of these.  Since you're shooting for Saturdays, that's going to limit me, but I'll be there when I can.

~runner

I'm in Eugene, and my brother is in Cedar Hills.  I have his old C10...actually just sold it 2 days ago.  I now have a '12 C14, and he has an '04 C10.  Would love to get together for some rides in '13.  ZG, my daughter also is in her Freshman year of college...at OSU.  She eventually wants to be a Radiologist...she can help support me in my old age... :))

I've been riding to work every day for a couple months, who isn't riding right now in this splendid weather?  :motonoises:

Seriously though, with more regular occurrences of rides I might actually make one every so often in my busy schedule.  Look forward to it!

I am not a paid member of COG, but I think there are a few in SW Washington. (Like the local news we get Ignored) I know of at least 2 Rose City MC members that like me have moved to the C14 from the ST1300.

So many cool people so little time. :truce:

I'm in Eugene, and would be interested.  My brother lives in Beanerton, and rides a '04.  I think I could talk him into joining in also. 

Since I don't have info on a few of you, I'll announce here, also, that I'm hosting a ride every month this year!!  First one is on 26 January. Breakfast at Tom's Pancake House in Beaverton with a little later than normal departure of 1030 since it probably won't be too warm and I'm planning on just a 55 mile ride that will have us all back home about noon. Longer rides as the weather improves!! Hope to see you there!

Your new AAD.

DamDan said:
Since I don't have info on a few of you, I'll announce here, also, that I'm hosting a ride every month this year!!  First one is on 26 January. Breakfast at Tom's Pancake House in Beaverton with a little later than normal departure of 1030 since it probably won't be too warm and I'm planning on just a 55 mile ride that will have us all back home about noon. Longer rides as the weather improves!! Hope to see you there!

Your new AAD.

Sounds like fun, thanks for taking the initiative DD, I'll try to make it.  :beerchug:

I'm in, regular life permitting... (Heck, I am planning on riding to Canada this week, I think I can manage that, lol). 

Thanks for all the replies! I hope to see/meet all of you this year. Maybe even this month! LOL

As for a ride to Dufur, I'd be more than happy to be a part of either a RTE or a RTS! Let me know, Runner.

DamDan

DamDan said:

Your new AAD.

Oooo, right out in my area here (Hillsburrito).  I might have to tell my family i'm just off for the morning.  Not weather permitting as I'm riding in this daily anyway...