• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anybody here snow ski on a budget? COG Event?

fartymarty

SC AAD
I'm just wondering if anybody in the SC (I'm gonna reach out to SW as well) is interested in a budget oriented snow ski get together in New Mexico.
I'm leaning towards Angel Fire NM but I can be flexible. I say budget oriented because I'm cheap COG-thrifty and because anybody that usually hops on a plane to go ski in Canada at a 4 star resort probably wouldn't be interested in this anyway. I have no idea how many Coggers can actually snow ski, so I'm shouting in the dark here, but it involves leaning, speed, helmets recommended, warm gear, etc. so I thought perhaps there might be some overlap of interest. I usually go alone and stay in Taos at a cheap hotel (30-45 minute drive to Angel Fire if roads are clear), but if there are others interested, the lodging in Angel Fire resort can be as economical if a condo is split 4 ways...I'm sure the same applies to Red River etc. Late January or Early February?
I've been watching the webcams at AngelFire and getting the snow itch.

Anybody?

20 years ago I would have been all in but my knees are on their last legs . I use to drive to Sandia peak a couple times each winter . Kinda miss it .

Wouldn't be able to do it this year but you do have a kindred spirit, been skiing for 30 plus years. I am doing a Utah trip this year with my son so I'm really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, thrifty and skiing are often times mutually exclusive terms.