• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anybody in VT or NH

tiggerspeed

Training Wheels
Would anybody in VT or NH happen to have a spare rear tire I could meet up with tomorrow. I'm 1000 miles from home, and have some sort of projectile in my rear tire. My guess is, the dealers around here can't get this odd size of rear tire when I roll up. So I'm kind of stuck and hoping somebody might have even a scuff on hand that I could pick up? HELP?

Sorry - I don't have a spare. Is there a chance they can plug and patch it good enough to get you home? Maybe Murph can overnight a tire to you? I think he has new ones in stock. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Well, the end of the story goes like this. I got up in the morning and called everybike shop within a 50 mile radius. None of them had the size tire that I needed, about 50% of them were closed for the holiday weekend, and those that were open said that their UPS guys warned them that delivery would resume on Tuesday. Soooooo, instead of hanging around for 4 days because of the holiday, I left the bike at the hotel, hopped a plane from Burlington, VT for $100, and will leave tomorrow with the pick'em up truck and retrieve the bike. By doing that, I did some calcs and figured out that it's still cheaper than hanging around the hotel for 4 days plus meals and everything else. What a nightmare this "fun trip" has turned into.