• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anybody know how fast a stock C-10 will do on 1/4 mile?

Wineguy

Moped
My daughter now works at a motorcycle shop, and she decided to join the staff for a track day at Bandimere Speedway in Denver yesterday which is just up the street from our house. She drag raced her Ninja EX250, and won a couple of heats before running .06 under her dial-in speed on her 3rd run (oops). I've never been to a drag strip, didn't know the rules, and she'd never done it either. We learned a lot yesterday and she wants to do it again.  She also wants me to join her next year when the shop does this event several times over the summer. That got me thinking - has anyone here done that (I'm sure they have), and what is the typical quarter-mile speed/time for a stock C-10?

I don't think anyone leaves a Connie stock long enough to find out.  :-[ :D

Seriously though, I'm sure someone on this board would know; you might try posting the topic in the 'Say Anything Here Except' subforum- that one gets a lot more traffic than this one.

IIRC it was mid 12's for a stock C10 with lots of practice getting a good launch. High 12's and Low 13's is more common for average launch.

Thanks Slybones. That's about what I was expecting. We went to the open track night last night to find out for ourselves, but just before we got there some car dropped it's engine on the track and the corresponding back-up while they cleaned it up was just too long. We elected to go back next week. I'll post the results after I run it.

12.00 was what some of the mags got.

I went to Gainesville a couple of years ago to run mine.  I think the best I got was 12.44 with the bags off.

I didn't launch hard as I was chicken to wheelie it.

Biggest mod to the bike that would have affected ET was SiSF's 7th gear mod.

Once I get my daughter on a Ninjette, I'd like to get her to go with me to do it again.

If Ego's best was 12.44 I'm thinking a person would be hard pressed to do better that say 13.20 at Bandimere (5280 altitude) 

I ran my gold wing at the 1/4 mile five times and all were in 12.777 times so I am sure the Concours is a lot less, I have not went yet but I sure will be and I was hoping for at least a flat 11.00 out of it

11.9 secs claimed.
Most tests done by pro-riders get 12.1 or thereabouts.
You can get sub-10secs with a turbo & NOS, eh Rev?

As for the wheelie on launch, if you lean right forwards and trail yer legs then yes it may still wheelie but ya won't loop it.
Practice makes perfect.  :)

pilotlooking said:
I ran my gold wing at the 1/4 mile five times and all were in 12.777 times so I am sure the Concours is a lot less, I have not went yet but I sure will be and I was hoping for at least a flat 11.00 out of it

I seriously doubt you could do low 11's with a near-stock C10. I have a first generation FZ1 that turns 10.7's (motorcycle mag tester's, not me!), and it weighs around 165 lbs less and gets 30 +more HP than a C10. I'm guessing a mid-12 may be attainable for a C10.