• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anybody watch the British GP

Cap'n Bob

I recorded the Motogp British GP and finally got to watch it this morning. Without spoiling anything. Great last few laps.

Number 93 has some amazing skills on the track, looking forward to watching him race as he progresses in his career.  Lorenzo and Pedrosa finally have some consistent competition.  It was also to bad about Cruchlow and is accident the morning of the race

Brass said:
Number 93 has some amazing skills

204223-marc-marquez.jpg

394121-marc-marquez.jpg

- you don't say ...

;D

- and No. 93 is Mr Marc Marquez. Probably gonna be only the 2nd rookie ever to win a world championship. He raced silverstone with a dislocated shoulder, mind. Nobody has seen a racer like him before , ever.

- the bloke that pipped him at the last corner (lorenzo) , raced a couple of races with a broken collar bone held together with plates/screws.

Cap'n Bob said:
I recorded the Motogp British GP and finally got to watch it this morning. Without spoiling anything. Great last few laps.

+1 - watched it this afternoon at the neighbors.  Very exciting last few laps.  Definitely a great race.  The crazy thing... Marquez was racing with a dislocated shoulder that happened during qualifying.

On the other hand... the Moto2 was a snoozer.

I've been following Marquez's for a few years now and if he keeps progressing at the same rate he'll become a legend in motorcycle racing with the like of Hailwood, Agostini, Roberts Sr, Doohan, Sheene, Rossi,

Here's a clip of the warm-up lap collision between Crutchlow and Marquez.

Gotta hand it to MM for his aim and also to the safety worker who sounded an alarm horn which got them all sprinting.

Steve, I read elsewhere that MM dislocated his collarbone and it was popped back in place by the medical team.  Crazy stuff.

British MotoGP Marc Marquez injured in near collision