• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone else removed the Branding?

BOOTH

Scooter
This was parked next to my Vulcan 1500 a few weeks ago. At first I did a double take to make sure it was a Connie because it had no Kawasaki branding on it.

I mocked up an '11 and like the overall look much better without the branding. Has anyone else done this? If so, how and did it require a paint job?

Attachments

• DSCN0459.jpg
    DSCN0459.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 216
  • DSCN0461.jpg
    DSCN0461.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
  • Kawasaki_Concours_14_ABS_2011.jpg
    Kawasaki_Concours_14_ABS_2011.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 118
Quite a few folks have removed the badges. I think there was a thread or part of a thread about that recently.

4Bikes said:
Here are some great shots of a "debranded" C-14.
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,30863.0/topicseen.html

I like it.
  That looks great. Nice and clean.........and then a couple of these and we're set!!

ScreenShot2011-11-29at73522PM.png
  8)

Its easy to do since they are only held on with 2 way tape, Heat it with a hair dryer and then work the letters loose, clean up with WD 40 or goo-gone, Some use dental floss or fishing ling and saw behind the letters to remove them. If your paint isn't faded you can never tell they were ever on there.

She looks real purty shaved. . .

+1 to what Joe sez. . . hair dryer and dental floss. Do not use a heat gun -- they get way too hot and will ruin your day.

Definitely going to be one of my winter projects.

LOL! Toolbox or lunchbox for sure! Maybe the guncase. . .?
Now I could sneak 'em on my brother's BMW. . . he'll never catch me anyhow.
:hee20hee20hee:

ProfessorKonk said:
LOL! Toolbox or lunchbox for sure! Maybe the guncase. . .?
Now I could sneak 'em on my brother's BMW. . . he'll never catch me anyhow.
:hee20hee20hee:
I like your thinking!

Cap'n Bob said:
Quite a few folks have removed the badges. I think there was a thread or part of a thread about that recently.

I wonder if they also remove all the brand labels off their cars, appliances, clothes, electronics, food packaging, and furniture?

Zedhed said:
Cap'n Bob said:

I wonder if they also remove all the brand labels off their cars, appliances, clothes, electronics, food packaging, and furniture?

Personally, I have no idea. But if it interests you, feel free to search the threads on the forum for folks that have removed the badges. Then you can send them PM's asking them.  :)

Zedhed said:

Yes! Pulled the decals/stickers off of the truck, tool boxes/chests. If it doesn't serve a purpose, it's gone. The "Concours 14" badging pretty much, self removed, didn't hold up to waxing.

joe in calif said:
Its easy to do since they are only held on with 2 way tape, Heat it with a hair dryer and then work the letters loose, clean up with WD 40 or goo-gone, Some use dental floss or fishing ling and saw behind the letters to remove them. If your paint isn't faded you can never tell they were ever on there.

Thanks Joe! Very helpful!

Wayne_Sikorski_NJ said:
Zedhed said:

Yes! Pulled the decals/stickers off of the truck, tool boxes/chests. If it doesn't serve a purpose, it's gone. The "Concours 14" badging pretty much, self removed, didn't hold up to waxing.

Agreed! broke the little 's' in the 'Concours 14' when the microfiber towel hooked it during a wax. Sooooo all the badging came off!

lol, i hate decals. I blame my Dad..  :)
Broke me of putting stickers on the car.
By showing my on a used one.
What happens after a few years and the sticker is removed.
I finally broke my wife of it also. but now she puts them on the glass .

But I removed the stickers quickly after i got  few miles on it.
But I removed the chrome lettering as mentioned.
After waxing, because the letters began to peel after I snagged a couple with the buffing rag.

I actually like it better.

I did leave the kawa sticker in the shield and of course the one in the plastic above the tail light.

The one embossed /ingrained in the rear has me wondering if I could cut it out and back light it.
To use as a running light/brake light. 

Strange I guess, but I have never been accused of being normal.

joe in calif said:

That is great advice.  How many months/years do you suppose would go by before the paint fades enough to notice?  I guess like most things, it depends.  Color, amount of sun, number of washings, etc.

I peeled the lettering off with fingernail and the waxed the glue residue off. Heat was not required. I did ride it prior to the de-nuding (can I say that here?) so there was some warmth from the engine. It looks SO much better.

I must be weird, I like the badges...
hiding.gif

And when I look for bikes to buy the badgeless or oem graphicless (sp?) ones always make we wonder if it's been wrecked and had paintwork done...
smiley_dunno.gif

Sorry if I'm the only one...
smiley_smackbottom.gif

ZG said:
I must be weird, I like the badges...
hiding.gif

And when I look for bikes to buy the badgeless or oem graphicless (sp?) ones always make we wonder if it's been wrecked and had paintwork done...
smiley_dunno.gif

Sorry if I'm the only one...
smiley_smackbottom.gif

Good reminder. When I take mine off, I'll do a before and after pic for the maintenance files. ;-)

Your not the only one ZG, I too like the badges.  A couple of times I have had people come up and say they thought the bike was a BMW until they saw the badge.  Good for conversation if nothing else. Also, if other riders see the badge, it may inspire them to go to their Kawasaki dealer and they may end being fellow Cogers.

Mine started lifting after catching the wash cloth on the 'K'. Peeled them off with the fingers, some much easier than others. No heat required and any glue residue left rolled off easily by rubbing my finger over it. Connie looks great either way but now she weighs less and feels much better about herself!

I too like the badges, but the previous owner of my bike decided to peel them off :-[. So I called my stealer to see how much new ones were, they sais about $200 for the set :-\. Needless to say I think I'll be leaving them off for now anyway.....

I too like the badging. I did get rid of the "idiot" stickers though.

For anyone looking for something to get sticker residue off the best thing I have found is citrus oil. Apply with a small towel soaked with it and let sit for a minute then wipe off. It's just that easy and is harmless to paints and plastics.

I'm half debadged, the dealer forgot to order the Kawi logo after they dropped my bike, so I only have one on the left side. Haven't made it back down there to get the right side one. I like the logo, but I also like the clean look.

Axxman said:
I too like the badges, but the previous owner of my bike decided to peel them off :-[. So I called my stealer to see how much new ones were, they sais about $200 for the set :-\. Needless to say I think I'll be leaving them off for now anyway.....

You can get them from Ron Ayers or Riders Choice racing for quite a bit less than that.  It should be under $100 IIRC.

Jeremy said:
Axxman said:

You can get them from Ron Ayers or Riders Choice racing for quite a bit less than that.  It should be under $100 IIRC.

Thanks for the info Jeremy, I'll have to ckeck them out. :beerchug:

DanL said:
I'm half debadged, the dealer forgot to order the Kawi logo after they dropped my bike, so I only have one on the left side. Haven't made it back down there to get the right side one. I like the logo, but I also like the clean look.

Just the Kawasaki badge for one side is about $45 from the dealer. Don't ask me how I know.