• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone heading to the International Motorcycle Show - Chicago (2/8-2/10)?

bajakirch

Crotch Rocket
I've penciled in a day trip down to Chi-town to catch the IMS show in February. Is anyone else planning to go? If so, I'm happy to try to arrange a meet-up.

I've made my plans to be at the show on 2/9; taking my son, my brother and my 9-year-old nephew, who, according to my brother, is a burgeoning gearhead.

bomber said:
I'll be at Chicago -- it's February in Chicago, and motorcycles . . . .
crewwolfy said:
Bingo.  I like it, a nice midway point reminder that better days are coming..
That's my reason too for going ...

Never been to the show before.  Any tips to share?  What to look for?

I've been told that, if you're looking to buy anything, Sunday afternoon is the time to do it. That's when they're getting ready to pack up the stuff they brought to the show and some may not want to lug it back home. Even so, you should do your homework before expecting any great deals.

ManWorkingHere said:
bomber said:
I'll be at Chicago -- it's February in Chicago, and motorcycles . . . .
crewwolfy said:
Bingo.  I like it, a nice midway point reminder that better days are coming..
That's my reason too for going ...

Never been to the show before.  Any tips to share?  What to look for?

Sitting on a new Concours 14 making vroom, vroom noises at the Progressive Motorcycle show in Chicago earlier today...

Nice bike!

Great mileage when you ride at a trade show...

Had a good first time visit, looked at a lot of gear, lot of leather products available for 'pirates', all major helmet makers were represented, Sena, Chatterbox, and Scala products (liking the FM5 myself), and people watching too.

Attachments

• Matt on black C14.jpg
    Matt on black C14.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 95
Ha! I sat on the same bike!

Here I am checking out the new Honda CB500X.

007.JPG

I guess alot of us sat on that bike  :motonoises: 

Good time and yes there was lots of "pirate" gear available.  I couldn't find anyone or anything to do with Nolan helmets. I wanted to check them out in person before dropping a few hundred on one (local stealer does not carry them).

I actually stumbled across the Nolan booth just before I left. It was kind of small and tucked in amongst the other smaller booths.

One of my goals for attending the show was to try on every helmet I could find because I'm in the market for a new helmet. The Nolan 104 was one of my top 3 contenders. But when I tried it on at the booth, it was uncomfortable for me.

Also...I couldn't figure out how to release the chinbar and I have to say the guy working the booth made me feel a little sheepish about it. Kinda turned me off.

Looks like I've settled on the Scorpion EXO-900.