• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone replace the side bag locking mechanism

cuda

I got lucky years ago and bought a set of bags from someone who had his bike.

Repossessed, well it looks like I'm too ruff on stuff, and I was lucky to get one shut yesterday,

Do you guys lube the inside? what I'm I doing wrong.

Wondering if you may have an alignment problem.
Can you operate the locking mechanism when the bag is off the bike?

Another possibility is key position. Is the key turning fully?

Ride safe, Ted

U can't get the 'bag' shut? Or the latch/lock mechanism won't close?

There was another thread abiut hiw the mechanism gets gummed up and makes it difficult to close. Worked great when mine got sticky.

Take locking unit off bag and wash it in very hot water with dawn. Let it soak in the hot solution and rinse with very hot water, working the latch as u rinse, repeat several times til becomes smooth. Lub with ur favorite...