• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Argggh Dam disc brake lock.

gixerhp

Street Cruiser
Industry Vendor
Well had my bike parked in front of my little work piece of crap work car, With the Nasty little disc brake lock on it. You guys know the rest of the story.
Bars went to full lock left, tipped over on the front of the car. WTH.
So i try and save it, knowing better, and now have pulled thigh muscle, nice shades of Green and Purple.
This all happens, while loading the bike to leave for Deals Gaps, on Wens.
SO i milked the day, hopped on the bike in the late afternoon to see where i could make it to, left New Hampshire, and made it into PA, and hit a wall of cold weather. As well as the pain is crazy. I gave up, stopped got a room, and got late today,, I guess at almost 50,, let it fall, and dont hurt yourself.
My trip is ruined, my pride is hurt, Missing many many friends.

Tie a bright yellow string to that thing and wrap it around your left grip. Don't ask me how I know.

Mine came with an orange stretch cord as a reminder.  Not with my current bike but with my old ZZR1200, I parked one day at a mall put the disc lock on and said to myself....I'll remember it's on.  Here is some good advice....you won't remember, put the cord on!  It was just some minor scuffing on the left side fairing but bike was never perfect again.  It's easy......put it on!

I don't even worry about it, if the thieves can overpower Kipass and 700lbs of C14 they can have her, thats what I pay insurance for, I sleep easy at night....now when I lived in NYC 25 years ago, the motorcycle was all the transportation I had and it weighed 400lbs I worried more.