• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Argh...wrong size :(

mcgyver74

So I place an order from Murph on Tuesday, and on Thursday my new tires show up (gotta love Murph!!: :) )

This morning, after morning coffee, my friend and I bust out his nomar changer to swap rubber,  we get the old rear off, and put on the new rear but it won't inflate.... Odd,  seems like ti's too narrow... 

Take a closer look and realize it's a 180 55 17 instead of a 190.  :-[ :-[..    When I ordered, I didn't read the page, I just assumed it was the correct size for a 14, but it turns out Murph has a link for PR3's for a FJR as well now and that was what I ordered..

Spoon on the old tire until I can get the correct one....  Totally my fault but way way annoying :(

I was stuck last Easter Sunday with steel  showing 250 miles from home and with the safety officer along. I was only able to get a 180 55 17 to put on my bike to get home. The mechanic  was able to get in on and I have over 4000 miles on it now. To be honest the bike rides great but it does not look right!

I thought about using a more powerful compressor and getting it on anyway, but I kinda paranoid about my tires so figured I'd wait..  If I had cord showing it would prob have been another matter tho :(

;D 

I already emailed Murph to see how much it will cost in shipping etc to swap it out, knowing Murph he probably will just send a call tag and the correct tire, but I am going to insist on covering the shipping etc since this was totally my fault for not reading what I was buying.

U need tires?

I (on purpose) put the 180/55X17 PR3 "B" compound which is the heavier load carrying tire on my new 2012 because I weigh about 295lbs and with the bike loaded for a trip I am past the weight limit. I had a 2008 that ffI ran PR2s on and think the 180/55 makes for a better handling bike. I had no trouble getting the tire to seat.