• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Arizona Bike Week and the Connie Ride

mi2az

Big Wheel
Guys:

This will be a little long winded, but here it goes.

My name is Marty Galison. Moved to Arizona from Ann Arbor, Michigan in 2006 before the auto industry took the big fall, hence my user name  mi2az. I have been pretty much a cruiser guy for the past 10 years.

Went to AZ bike week this past week and took many rides. I was looking at the Road Glide Ultra from HD or the Roarliner as a second choice.

One of the rides I took from Kawasaki was the Vaquero and the Connie, I never had so much fun on a bike in my entire life as I did on the Connie.

The others were good or even great. But the connie, I had a friken blast.

So, I am going to wait on the cruiser bikes at a later stage in my life. The Connie actually beats the FJR by a smidgen but I am going with the Concours at this time.

The Kawasaki rep took us on a ride that really showed the possibilities  of the Connie, not this 40-60 mph loop. At some points we were hitting 90-100 mph. It was so smooth that it did not even feel like I was going that fast.

I am looking to get one by the end of this year or early next.

My current ride in a Vstar 1100 and hope to move on real soon.

Awesome Marty! That C14 is quite some ride for sure. I have a C10 (2006) and don't pass up the thoughts about checking out Lil brother! Nearly new milage wise under 5k and the option to use regular unleaded is a great draw.. Just sayin!

Now if I had the funds at the time a 14 may have been in ConRad's place.. just sayin!!  ;)

Welcome aboard many here can help you spend that Connie money!

^-^

You know all you people buying new C14s are on my list don't you....  Well its a list to watch for a good used one I CAN afford.

smithr-scad said:
^-^

You know all you people buying new C14s are on my list don't you....  Well its a list to watch for a good used one I CAN afford.

Can I get a copy of your list?  8)  >:D