• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Arkansas roads are awesome (Who wants to join us in November?

jim snyder

Myself and Mr. Ted (Connie rider) just finished a three day ride to central and northern Arkansas. We hit most of the great roads, 341, 123, 16, 9, 14, 23, and many others. A big thanks to Cliff Barnette for guiding us around and showing us the best roads. We logged 1,200 miles total with about 800 of those in the twisties. Awesome ride, can't wait till the next ride in Arkansas. It's like we said during the 2012 rally when we named it the "No Bad Roads Rally" because there are great roads everywhere.

:motonoises: We are trying to plan a ride for November 19th. I will start a new thread shortly with all the info.  :great:

Bigfoot_16 said:
I'm glad you guys had a safe, fun ride, Jim!

Thanks. I could camp out on 123 for about a month. That is probably my favorite. We had very little chicken strips on the tires when we got done.

AR 123, AR 341, and AR14 between US 65 and AR 5 - I would never tire.

No chicken strips on mine either when we were up there in Sept!

Jim Snyder said:
Bigfoot_16 said:

Thanks. I could camp out on 123 for about a month. That is probably my favorite. We had very little chicken strips on the tires when we got done.
That's my favorite one, too. We missed seeing you and Ted at Jack's last month. I hope the weather was great for you this week.

Jim Snyder said:
Bigfoot_16 said:

Couldn't have been too much fun with "slow poke" Ted!!! Just kidding.....Like Jim said we missed you all at Jack's.

After BBRTT, we should get some ETX rides planned before Thanksgiving and the Holidays set in. I bet a few riders from DFW would head over for some piney woods riding.  :motonoises:

Craig

"slow poke" Ted

Yea, that would be me, "Old and Slow".
But, "Old and Slow" beats "Old, "slower", and Ugly" (like Craig) any day!!  >:D
        {Let the Flames begin]

I want to second the thanks to Cliff.
Gotta say; That man can ride!!
(He had to slow down {a lot} so we flatlanders could even keep up)

After BBRTT, we should get some ETX rides planned before Thanksgiving and the Holidays set in. I bet a few riders from DFW would head over for some piney woods riding.

Yea, that might be a plan.
  I guess, ETX wouldn't bee too far for a weekend....
  But, it would be better to go to Arkansas...

NOTE: {prior to going} We posted this ride on the Forum for everyone to see,
                We even sent notes to "all" of the SC guys..
                    Couldn't get any others to go.
          {Might be that everyone else had to work for a living and couldn't go on the weekdays?}

Ride safe, Ted

kv5e said:
Jim Snyder said:
Bigfoot_16 said:

Couldn't have been too much fun with "slow poke" Ted!!! Just kidding.....Like Jim said we missed you all at Jack's.

After BBRTT, we should get some ETX rides planned before Thanksgiving and the Holidays set in. I bet a few riders from DFW would head over for some piney woods riding.  :motonoises:

Craig

Sounds great to me, Craig. Hey Jim! Can you show us your neck of the woods in east Texas sometime before Thanksgiving?

Bigfoot_16 said:
Sounds great to me, Craig. Hey Jim! Can you show us your neck of the woods in east Texas sometime before Thanksgiving?

I will do a search and see if we have any curvy roads in East Texas.

Jim Snyder said:
Myself and Mr. Ted (Connie rider) just finished a three day ride to central and northern Arkansas. We hit most of the great roads, 341, 123, 16, 9, 14, 23, and many others. A big thanks to Cliff Barnette for guiding us around and showing us the best roads. We logged 1,200 miles total with about 800 of those in the twisties. Awesome ride, can't wait till the next ride in Arkansas. It's like we said during the 2012 rally when we named it the "No Bad Roads Rally" because there are great roads everywhere.

Enjoyed riding with the both of you. I guess you know we really didn't scratch the surface for good roads to ride. Come back up & we'll do it again!

Jim Snyder said:
Bigfoot_16 said:

I will do a search and see if we have any curvy roads in East Texas.

:rotflmao:

Cliff  :beerchug:

I just did a search of the roads around Houston, and found out,,,, "Yes" we have "a" curve in our area too!

Yahoo,
        Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I just did a search of the roads around Houston, and found out,,,, "Yes" we have "a" curve in our area too!

Yahoo,
        Ride safe, Ted

Hope you can make Big Bend, Troy said something about having some pictures of you with a .. . . . . . . . .

27 riders and great weather........

gr33nmAm

Still trying to work it in.
Biggest problem is the ranch where I hunt was sold last week.
Have to remove all the gear/tools/stands and set up at new location. (in the next 20 days)

Ted

connie_rider said:
Still trying to work it in.
Biggest problem is the ranch where I hunt was sold last week.
Have to remove all the gear/tools/stands and set up at new location. (in the next 20 days)

Ted

Yea.....that's monkey wrench for sure. I talked to Troy and he said he could come oversee and supervise the move, to make sure it was done safely and to his satisfaction!  :nananana:

L8R,

gr33nmAn

Bigfoot_16 said:
kv5e said:
Jim Snyder said:
Bigfoot_16 said:

Craig

Hey we can always do a one day loop to Talihina Ok & Mena, Ark. with lunch at the lodge.

Jim Snyder said:
Bigfoot_16 said:
kv5e said:
Jim Snyder said:
Bigfoot_16 said:

Craig

Hey we can always do a one day loop to Talihina Ok & Mena, Ark. with lunch at the lodge.

Yea, that's a long day but with good weather i would be in.

Craig

Some of the topic was accidentally deleted when this was moved. :truce:

Craig

Arghh..  :-\  {Clearly, it was Craig's fault}... :nananana:

Ok, to those just seeing this discussion.
We're considering a 2 day (Sat/Sunday) ride (in lower Arkansas) sometimes just before Thanksgiving.
Jim Has a date, route, and meeting point in mind.

I'll let him fill in the details. {Jim, are you there}?

After you see the info, is anyone interested in joining us?

Ride safe, Ted

I really think it would be better to start a new thread on this topic since it has changed from the original topic. Folks are going to have to read through several, unrelated posts to see that it's now an invitation for a ride.

If you start a freshie, I will move this back to Ride Reports.

Bigfoot_16 said:
I really think it would be better to start a new thread on this topic since it has changed from the original topic. Folks are going to have to read through several, unrelated posts to see that it's now an invitation for a ride.

Ok new thread started in SC events.