• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

AST LED tail light upgrade

Daveybouy

I know from reading the posts that many of you have had issues with Ryan in the past.This is unfortunate. I just finished installing the AST tail light bar and I have to say it is brilliant (LOL). I had misplaced the 3 interconnect looms. Ryan offered to send them to me for the price of the postage. Of course after much looking around, I found them right where I had put them for safe keeping.
I hope you will consider giving Ryan another chance. The light bar he sells is well engineered, works great and adds another level of conspicuity. He has been easy to work with and prompt with replies and shipping. Just my 2 cents...daveyboy

daveyboy said:
I know from reading the posts that many of you have had issues with Ryan in the past.This is unfortunate. I just finished installing the AST tail light bar and I have to say it is brilliant (LOL). I had misplaced the 3 interconnect looms. Ryan offered to send them to me for the price of the postage. Of course after much looking around, I found them right where I had put them for safe keeping.
I hope you will consider giving Ryan another chance. The light bar he sells is well engineered, works great and adds another level of conspicuity. He has been easy to work with and prompt with replies and shipping. Just my 2 cents...daveyboy

I had your same experience for years.

Then it happened. I had a problem with connectors and needed to ask a question about his now discontinued lights on the bags. NO response via phone, email, text or any other means. Tried for months. Seems like once you need something you are on the persona non grata list. Glad you had a good experience. I did too for years. Now I am done. Love my light bars and rigged a solution but I am done.

Attachments

• 42861265_10155886918295098_5456222896881926144_o.jpg
    42861265_10155886918295098_5456222896881926144_o.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 206
I hope you will consider giving Ryan another chance. The light bar he sells is well engineered, works great and adds another level of conspicuity. He has been easy to work with and prompt with replies and shipping. Just my 2 cents...davey

I have had nothing BUT positive interactions with Ryan at AST. He's been quick to reply to my email question/problems. He produces a quality product and i have no regrets about any of my purchases...

Looking at the website, it says this kit is plug and play, did you find that to be true? And it also looks like the stock lights still fully function?

Last edited:
Il check him out.
I’m looking for a light kit for my new Givi trunk.
My old trunk has Admore kit. It’s ok.

Can one of y’all provide a link or phone number?

Il check him out.
I’m looking for a light kit for my new Givi trunk.
My old trunk has Admore kit. It’s ok.

Can one of y’all provide a link or phone number?
Google AST , Advanced Sport Touring ,he is on the vendors list of COG

Just an FYI here, AST does not have the light bar anymore, i was looking for one to add to my Switchback's and was told it was no longer available

They told me that they were losing money on them and that when they raised the price people stopped buying them.

So I went with the Admore Lightbar Pro and couldn't be happier. Easy install with their Kawasaki wire harness and it's fully programmable. Plus it has an accelerometer so that the brake light goes on when engine braking.

They told me that they were losing money on them and that when they raised the price people stopped buying them.

So I went with the Admore Lightbar Pro and couldn't be happier. Easy install with their Kawasaki wire harness and it's fully programmable. Plus it has an accelerometer so that the brake light goes on when engine braking.
So ....no posi taps ? Actually comes with a harness or you have to order seperately? I am thinking of also ordering the bag lights like I had on the 13 in the pic above. THey have an 8 inch bag light that should work. I like visibility in my neck of the woods. The accelerometer is a bonus.

I went with the Admore led kit for my bags. Running brake and turn signal. Waterproof connectors so u can easily disconnect and remove ur bags. I have the admore kit for my Givi trunk as well.

Plate kinda says it all...!

Attachments

• 16496304942408426425250425096460.jpg
    16496304942408426425250425096460.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 82
So ....no posi taps ? Actually comes with a harness or you have to order seperately? I am thinking of also ordering the bag lights like I had on the 13 in the pic above. THey have an 8 inch bag light that should work. I like visibility in my neck of the woods. The accelerometer is a bonus.
The harness is sold separately but well worth the expense just in time saved.

The harness is sold separately but well worth the expense just in time saved.
I am going to talk to admore.....can't send an email, their FAQ's don't ccover my question so I have a call scheduled today at 5 on the way home from work.

Do you know if the harness will work for the Light bar AND the bag lites like the one from AST did?

I am going to talk to admore.....can't send an email, their FAQ's don't ccover my question so I have a call scheduled today at 5 on the way home from work.

Do you know if the harness will work for the Light bar AND the bag lites like the one from AST did?
I do not. I just got the light bar so that would be a question for them.