• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

AST rider lowering bracket for sale

Gigantor

I have for sale a new set of Advance Sport Touring rider peg lowering brackets. I tried to install them on my bike but it has a 2 Brothers exhaust and it doesn't work. Didn't notice that it was only for stock pipes unless you modify it. Paid $90 for it and I'll let them go for $75 and I'll throw in shipping in you're located in the continental US.

I have these and just installed an Akrapovik slip on. I had to put a small dent in the connecting pipe to make it work but all in all not too difficult. I imagine the type of aftermarket exhaust varies the difficulty though. I'm glad that it worked in my case because I really do like them. Made a big difference.

Appreciate the feedback. I am 67, 6' 2" with 36" inseam. Really hoping these will help me out with seating position and my knees.
I measured the difference at 1 3/8" but it's surprising how much it helped. You might want to consider bar risers too.

Actually have 2" risers on their way to me now. Really appreciate your insight. Trying to go this route first before spending $500 on Lamm custom seat.

I went with the Kawasaki Touring Seat. I'm sure it's not as comfortable as the RDL but it's a lot better than stock.

I have had the stock seat, and a Laam seat, and the Kawasaki touring seat, now i gave had a RDL seat for 2-4 thousand miles and have not once had any aches or pains in my backside or legs as i did with the previous seats.

Mind telling me your inseam? Mine is 36" hence why I want a rearward position. Also, what didn't you like about the Lamm and Touring seats? Thanks!

Mind telling me your inseam? Mine is 36" hence why I want a rearward position. Also, what didn't you like about the Lamm and Touring seats? Thanks!
I have a31” inseam,my Laam seat was not much better then my stock seat, asked him to redo the seat and he kept it for a month and i am about 99.9% positive he never touched it, so i sold it.
The touring seat was ok for up to about four hours of riding before the aching got bad. As with everything your results may be different then mine.

Corbin seats have plenty of room to move back. They also have a bit of a ramp back there as well so when you are moving back, you feel that ramp kind of effect. Corbin seats tend to be quite firm. Not cushy. Russell seats and those of similar design, are great for long legged folks.

I have for sale a new set of Advance Sport Touring rider peg lowering brackets. I tried to install them on my bike but it has a 2 Brothers exhaust and it doesn't work. Didn't notice that it was only for stock pipes unless you modify it. Paid $90 for it and I'll let them go for $75 and I'll throw in shipping in you're located in the continental US.
Still interested in these. Please PM me.