• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ATX Planning Meet and Eat

smithr

ATX Planning Meet and Eat

Hi COGers,
March 4th, 2017 at 1pm. in  Austin, Tx.
You are invited to an ATX area planning meet and eat.  The idea is to get riders from the central Texas area together in Austin to meet each other and talk about what we might want to do together over the riding season.  Come on the bike or in a cage no matter the weather.

Here is the plan.  Meet at my house.  Leslie and I will provide food but nothing to exciting.  If the weather is perfect a short ride is not out of the question but I am not planning on it.  If we just hang out in the garage or living room and kitchen that it fine also.  If we get bored we can set up pool table or ping pong, or both.  Just come and meet fellow riders is my only hope.

If you want to come from far and wide you can but I am not planning for over night stays or guaranteeing a ride.  This is more for people close enough to attend day events in this area.

I would like everyone to register for the free event using the calendar though.  I am placing a 20 person soft limit.  If we run over that I will re-consider.

Calendar Link:
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=241001&mo=3&tDate=%7Bd%20%272017-03-25%27%7D

Not much interest brewing yet but not many hang on the forum.  Here are some thoughts that might help you decide if on the fence.

If the weather is good I could lead us on some of the best roads in the area which I am sure you will enjoy.  More twisties than you would expect are all within a few miles of my house.

If the weather is bad and we are stuck at the house I have FREE FOOD and stuff to do.

Not sure I can pull this off but we might be able to have some live music.  If you play an instrument let me know.

I just completed a complete C14 refurbishment and I have done several C10 maintenance rounds.  I can help answer questions or show you how few tools you actually need.  I also have a tire changer but was not planning on and true wrench session at this point.  We can talk about that too.

I really think the only way we will get this area active again and have some really good times is for the owners to meet each other and become friends. 

smithr1 said:
Not much interest brewing yet but not many hang on the forum.  Here are some thoughts that might help you decide if on the fence.

If the weather is good I could lead us on some of the best roads in the area which I am sure you will enjoy.  More twisties than you would expect are all within a few miles of my house.

If the weather is bad and we are stuck at the house I have FREE FOOD and stuff to do.

Not sure I can pull this off but we might be able to have some live music.  If you play an instrument let me know.

I just completed a complete C14 refurbishment and I have done several C10 maintenance rounds.  I can help answer questions or show you how few tools you actually need.  I also have a tire changer but was not planning on and true wrench session at this point.  We can talk about that too.

I really think the only way we will get this area active again and have some really good times is for the owners to meet each other and become friends.

I mentioned this in the Feb, 17 update and I know that one of the problems is SC riders don't spend as much time on the forum as others.

Thanks for planning this Bob, and I hope folks will take advantage of your hospitality and experience in that area. Pamela and I started to pencil this in, but we have a family challenge for that date.

Craig

Dave is signed up!  Now we have a lovely Red and Blue Concours to ogle and Lime Creek Road, one of the best roads in the area to play on if the weather is nice.  Even if just Dave and I it is going to be fun and free food.  What are you waiting on?  Register today so I know you wanta.

Craig your email update did not promote this much with details or have a link to the events listed.  Next time it may be better to have a link and short descriptor.  Thanks for trying though.

Would definitely have come up for the meet/greet/ride but have a darn wedding to attend.  Not real fired up about that but sometimes you "gotta do what ya gotta do". :mad:

Hopefully the weather will cooperate..