• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Auxiliary Fuse Box

burbs

Big Wheel
I'm debating between Fuzeblock and the Centech that Aerostitch sells. For those who have either of those, where have you mounted yours? I have a 2009 and I'm trying to figure where to mount it so I can run my GPS and Gerbings. I know that the Fuzeblock can have a constant or switched power. I'm not sure about the Centech.

Anyways, any insight would be great.

-Burbs

I use the Fuseblock on my new bike. I think it's a very nice piece. I used a murph's C10 fuse panel on my C14. I had it mounted under the seat on top of the ECU. I ran the wires under the tank to the front of the bike. It was harder to install. But when my grip heater switch stuck on hi on a trip. I was able to just pop off the rear (Corbin) seat and unplug the fuse. Then plug it back in when I wanted it in the rain on the way home.
I'm sure the Fuseblock will also fit under the seat. I like the choice of hot or switched by fuse placement. But I personally would just plug the Gerbings plug right to the battery. I used an extension cable and also brought that up under the tank. I ran that up the left handle bar. It makes for easy plug in's!

BBAR said:
I use the Fuseblock on my new bike. I think it's a very nice piece. I used a murph's C10 fuse panel on my C14. I had it mounted under the seat on top of the ECU. I ran the wires under the tank to the front of the bike. It was harder to install. But when my grip heater switch stuck on hi on a trip. I was able to just pop off the rear (Corbin) seat and unplug the fuse. Then plug it back in when I wanted it in the rain on the way home.
I'm sure the Fuseblock will also fit under the seat. I like the choice of hot or switched by fuse placement. But I personally would just plug the Gerbings plug right to the battery. I used an extension cable and also brought that up under the tank. I ran that up the left handle bar. It makes for easy plug in's!

I currently have the Gerbings wired directly to the battery, but the connector my wife uses isn't working well and I need to put a new one on, but it's such a hassle to do it. I figure with the an aux fuse box, it would make things easier. I'm also considering the Centech from Aerostitch, which I believe has the same feature as the Fuzeblock.

As for your current setup, any chance you have photos available to post? I just want to get an idea of how you did it. Perhaps I can avoid an aux box.

Thanks,

Burbs

Well my Fuseblock is in my FJR. I never used the "Fuseblock" on the C14. But I would be happy to take a photo of it on the FJR, since it's pretty much the same way as the other fuse panel was on the C14.
But what I will do is show you a picture from my C14. But like I said, I had used a modified Murph's C10 set up on the C14. But if I was to install the Fuseblock on the C14, I would go the same route. So here's what the Murph's accessory fuse panel looked like on my C14. Like I said, it's Velcro'ed on to the ECU under the seat.

I use a Fuzeblock.  With a Corbin seat, it won't fit mounted on the ECU.  I installed mine inside the tool box cutting holes in the top and sides (of the tool box) as necessary.  Tucked the tools where BBAR has his C10 fuse block.  Probably going to add one up front, too, on the right hand side.  Should have pictures but I don't.

I have the Corbin seat as well, so I appreciate you telling me that. I'm wondering if I can find a bracket somewhere and mount it up near the front?

Burbs said:
I have the Corbin seat as well, so I appreciate you telling me that. I'm wondering if I can find a bracket somewhere and mount it up near the front?

Some of the guys have mounted them under the right side filler panel. You could probably make you own bracket with just a piece of aluminum.

Speaking only for the '10, the Fuzeblock is light enough that it could be mounted on the upright sound (heat?) barrier on the RH side.  I plan on mounting a 2nd Fuzeblock there myself.  The only downside is getting to the fuses if one blows out.  For instance, I would NOT wire primary headlights to it but I would wire accessory lights to it.

Burbs said:

i haven't done it but the previous poster makes a good comment.  The tools box would be ideal.  It's not like you need to keep the horrible tool kit in there and would provide a nice little spot for the block.  Mounted up front you run the risk of having to remove panels to replace fuses etc.  Not really a big deal unless it is at night, raining etc.

Tactical_Mik said:
Burbs said:

i haven't done it but the previous poster makes a good comment.  The tools box would be ideal.  It's not like you need to keep the horrible tool kit in there and would provide a nice little spot for the block.  Mounted up front you run the risk of having to remove panels to replace fuses etc.  Not really a big deal unless it is at night, raining etc.

I think it was Man of Blues that did the same thing a while ago. He had posted photo's on the other site. But that was quite a while ago.

Here's mine.
Fuse%20Block%20and%20temporary%20wiring%2C%20with%20temporary%20power.jpg

It's at a bad angle, but it's almost an exact duplicate of this.
fusepanel6.JPG

Only mine is riveted to an aluminum plate instead of plexi.

I'm busy installing the FZ1 on my bike as well.  I've mounted inside the toolbox and ran direct connect to battery under gas tank and plugged additional switched lead into the FZ1 as well (for switched components).  Now here's my dilemma...I ran the power cable from my additional horns from the front of the bike along the top of the gastank and looks clean (I have not put the gas tank back on it).  I'm wondering how many wires I will be able to run from the front of the bike to the FZ1 in the back?  For instance, right now I have the GPS plugged into the front accessory plug, but want to rehome it to the FZ1.  I also want to run cables for "yet to be installed" grip heaters, and a plug for my Gerbing gear.  That's eight wires under the gas tank from front to back...Is that the best way?  I must admit it looks so clean with just the one power cord there now.  Any thoughts?

I actually was just waiting for my CarbTune to arrive so can do the 7,5K throttle body sync.  So think I have another week to figure this out before I have to put her all back together.  I haven't been able to ride for health reasons for the last week and have another week to go before I think I can ease back in the saddle.

Attachments

• IMG_1864 (478x640).jpg
    IMG_1864 (478x640).jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 112
I installed my fuse block on top of the kipass ecu under the seat, I also hooked-up all my acessories to the fuse block but ran my wiring with slack just below the underside of the gas tank and then under the tail end of the gas tank (I removed the bolts to the gas tank and fished the wires thru) to the fuse block,Have about 6 farkles hooked-up to the fuse block and everything is hidden.

^-^Oops. I wrote that I ran on top of gas tank. I meant under. So based on your install you were able to get quite a few cables under the tank. Good to know,  thx