• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Avon Storm 2 almost a run flat tire

rje_cne

Well Friday I had a really exciting situation coming back from Helen.  Split the front valve stem and lost most of the pressure.  Steered well in a straight line, but wouldn't really corner.  From where I broke the valve stem to the home was about 5 miles.  Got it home and after fighting to get the front axle out, finally got it back to the dealer to change out the stem and put in the steel one I had asked for.  No damage to the tire, so it was a good situation.  Much better than the rear that blew out the week before.

Sounds exciting, I don't know how you go from Helen to Cornelia, but some of those road might be a challenge on a flat. Which dealer do you use?
Ron

Mega-Motorsports in Toccoa.  Was coming back on 105, on the uphill before Fairview Elementary passing a car when it let go.  Made for a fun feeling.

Wow. I know 105. I grew up in Toccoa but live in Gainesville now. I rode all of the N.Ga roads when I was in college in the 70's.  Young Harris College makes a good base of operations for riding.  Very little bike traffic back then, even on Sunday.

I've never done much business with that dealer, just a mesh jacket purchase last fall. Seemed like nice enough folks. Thanks for the info.
Ron

5 miles on a dead flat tire? I'd question the integrity of the casing.

Must of been a real pucker riding that home.

It was significant pucker.  But when I was at the dealer, had the completely dismount so I could check it out.  The sidewalls are extremely strong and didn't show any damage.  Had a rear blow out due to road hazard a week earlier.  So I have had serious pucker a couple of times.  Am doing well though, watching my Kisan TPS closely.