• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Avons?

RideBellChain

Street Cruiser
Nobody has mentioned Avon. I use them on my Royal Star (cruiser) and really like them.  I know they make tires for our bikes, so is anyone using them?

Considerations: I live in S. Florida.  It will rain EVERY DAY at least once a day in the summer. So the next set needs to have good traction in the rain as well.

Hi,

the stock Bridgestone suck but i managed to get ~ 8,000miles out of the set.  I put on Pirelli Angel, about 3,000 miles on dry roads it was perfect, somehow on wet roads, at least with the asphalt we have here i got a few slides so i changed to Conti Road Attack 2, having about 4,00 miles now and i love it, good dry & wet stick, also very soft to absorb the road.  I have 1 set of Pilot Road 3 and 1 set of Avon Storm 2 Ultra hanging here waiting, me and my buddy K1600 sharing the same tires.  The rubber of the Pilot Road 3 is similar to the Conti Road Attack but the one of the Storm 2 Ultra looks like the same with the Angel : shinier and harder, i hope that it would be more friendly to the roads i have here.  My next order will be the Metzeler Z8.

at

Bought a set of PR2's...we'll give them a shot...seems like 3 sets per year from what I'm reading...(I probably do 12k+ yearly).

... Had great service from the Avon Venoms I put on my Valkyrie Interstate...and very poor performance on the Michelins I bought for my ST1100 back in mid 90's.  I purchased Avon's Storm II's for the C14 and will fit them when the AXES bite the dust.  We'll see... 8) 

..Oh yeah,  I purchased the biggest fattest Storm II the 200 X 60...which will hopefully extend tire life at a very little added expen$e...

I've had 3 sets of them & liked them alot. I'm now trying pr3's because I got such a deal on them

I've had 3 sets of them on my C14 & liked them alot. Much more than the previous 5 brand/types I tried. I am on pr3's now because I got such a deal on them, plus there the new kid on the block. So far it's a toss up wheather or not to go back to Avon's. We'll let the mileage decide.

Cliff    :beerchug:

Recently on a trip back from Death Valley my PR2 did a rubber disappearing act and steel was showing by Ridgecrest. With 200miles to go and my safety officer aboard I was forced to have a 180 55 original Storm put on the bike (no alternative tire available on Easter Sunday). I can't feel any difference due to size or stickiness. I feel confident in the tire at this point and with 1000 miles I see no appreciably wear. Now to how long will it last?