• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back in the saddle again

05-ZG1000

Big Wheel
Hi everyone.  ^-^
A friend turned me on to Concours bikes about a month ago, I found a deal on a 1993 ZG1000, $1900, 27k miles, sold it, and now have an 05.  In the first 100 miles I noticed I gave up a modified bike for a stock one.  Time to catch up on the learning curve with this bike.  I miss the 93's performance and need to learn what needs to be done to improve this bike from stock.

Welcome Rich,
There is another guy down in Fl. that knows a bit about modifying the bike from stock.  I think his name is Steve.  You might look around in the threads.  I bet you can figure out which Steve from Sunny Florida I am talking about.

Thanks for the welcome guys.  I've been chasing down all kinds of issues with this 05.
Naturally, I bought another Connie! 
Two in the garage now.
2004, only 15,000 miles, and it's BLACK! (not 05 Bronze)  I'm hooked I'd say!