• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back to the Shack 2015

LSGiant

August 7-8-9 Back to the Shack It's the annual ride up to the serene land on Horseshoe Lake near Pine River. Explore the roads that wind around the lakes and Jack pines of the north, returning to the shack for some R&R, grillin' and chillin' and b.s.in' around the bonfire. Take in the complimentary northwoods ambience of fresh air, loons, beavers, eagles, bullfrogs and other wildlife. If not a camper lodging can be found in town. There will be a couple of spare tents and air mattress's on hand to help lighten your load. Whatever motorcyle you ride, dual sport, adventure tourer or road bike, there are plenty of trails and roads to explore. The Shack is near the central part of the TMAT route (Trans Minnesota Adventure Tour) and plenty of state land with trails and old logging roads for the adventurist. Some of us plan on getting an early start friday leaving the Forest Lake Perkins by 5:00 trailering dual sport bikes. More details to come as they develope, for excact location of the shack contact me. For more info contact Randy Schafer rides1zg@aol.com

Ok, I'm in. No dual sport for me. I'll be on the FJR.

Not sure if I'll be there Friday night. I will be there Saturday night. Need to check my over the top work schedule to see if I can get away.

See you soon.

I am about 99% certain that I will be there for Saturday night. But like Cookie, no dual sport me either.

Well last time I posted we managed to double the Attendees. I bet you did't know camping at this event is free and the bathroom has two moons.

Man, I have the gift for not being able to make this (except once).  I'll be moving my daughter home that weekend.....color me lucky ???

2fast said:
I'll be moving my daughter home that weekend.....color me lucky ???
You have done a poor job of training she should have that moving thing mastered by now.

I would like to ride down from home after work (my weekend to work the store) on Saturday and get together. Seems every year its my work weekend, but I think it would be a nice evening.
What could I bring?? Let me know.
Last year I rode down there to locate the site, but had no time to stay due to house guests coming.
I think there are no plans at home currently-that I know about anyways.

I was up at the shack over the weekend, everything is good to go. I have a couple spare tents, air mattresses, inflator. There is bottled water, a couple aquatainers full of water, extension cords, condiments, some snacks and a Bon fire ready to go. I left my dual sport there and will be taking my FJR up Friday afternoon, will have the NC COG banner up by the road.
There is some nice riding in the area for both dual sport or road bike, come on up, summer is short, make the most of it.
This address will get you close enough, 449 County Road 43 Pine River, MN. Driveway is directly across from house with fire #458