• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Back to the Shack August 9-11

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
It's the annual ride up to the serene land on Horseshoe Lake near Pine River. Explore the roads that wind around the lakes and Jack pines of the north, returning to the shack for some R&R, grillin' and chillin' and b.s.in' around the bonfire. Take in the complimentary north woods ambience of fresh air, loons, beavers, eagles, bullfrogs and other wildlife. If not a camper lodging can be found in town. There will be a couple of spare tents and air mattresses on hand to help lighten your load. Whatever motorcycle you ride, dual sport, adventure tourer or road bike, there are plenty of trails and roads to explore. The Shack is near the central part of the TMAT route (Trans Minnesota Adventure Tour) and plenty of state land with trails and old logging roads for the adventurist.

More details will be posted as they developed.

Brian said:
It is Back to the Shack Time. Who is going to join us?

I know I’ll be there, I have my dual sport up there waiting patiently for another coating of dust and mud to be applied. Let me know if anyone can make a lunch rendezvous on the way up Friday. There is a single loft bed available for anyone who wants to skip tenting it.

Brian said:
Thank You to Randy for hosting. I had had a wonderful time, and I think everyone else did also. 

"I had a wonderful time", AKA "somebody brought a Busch Lite 30 pack"?

Brian said:
Thank You to Randy for hosting. I had had a wonderful time, and I think everyone else did also.

And thanks for your help with the food. Other than getting a little lost in the forest it couldn’t have been better, perfect weather. Everyone had a great time, even without a Busch lite in sight.
Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day so I stayed another night but payed the price having to pack up in the rain.

Tundra Tom said:
Pictures?

Here you go..... Out on the Trail and around the fire.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 139
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 137
Here is a couple more....

Attachments

• Back to the Shack 2019 Track.png
    Back to the Shack 2019 Track.png
    312.2 KB · Views: 126
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 131
Didn't see the "after" replies until now... Brian, do you have a file you could send with the tracks you captured?

From the picture of it, it looks like we were getting close to Leech Lake on the North side.

A few weeks ago I went to Spider Lake again, talked to someone who said there were more trails North of the Spider Lake area (bounded by Hwy 2 on the North side)... I put 2 and 2 together and realized those trails probably lead up to where Randy took us riding.  That would be cool to get a better overall picture of all those trails and how they connect.

Good times, it was fun getting dirty again!

Keith