• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

bar risers

looper

I have been searching and not finding any Storz-type risers or heli-bar risers.Heli seems to be out of production for c 10,s and Storz no longer makes their product.Any suggestions or do you know of other aftermarket products?

These bolt right underneath where the stock "bars" mount to for almost an 1 1/2" rise.  Or you could get an adapter to use normal style handlebars on the C10 and totally change the position all together if you wanted as well. 

http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=40

Or you could get an adapter to use normal style handlebars on the C10 and totally change the position all together if you wanted as well. 

looper said:
I have been searching and not finding any Storz-type risers or heli-bar risers.Heli seems to be out of production for c 10,s and Storz no longer makes their product.Any suggestions or do you know of other aftermarket products?

Did you check the emporium?  COG member selling some Helis right now!  I have them and they are so worth it.

I have a set of the ones like Murph sells

$40.00 includes shipping in lower 48.

I have a C14 now

I just spoke to storz I have ordered thier rise kit and they recommended bard th give me 3.5 " rise and a 7 " pull bal with the same width. I just had back surgery so need an absolute upright position  they have many options for rise and pull back. I get them Thursday and they tell me that it will not require new cable. I may have to rerout a cable.

Cheers

I had back surgery 6 weeks ago i have Heli bars on my bike 4 wks post surgery i went 813 miles on bike in aboslute comfort. just got off and stretcke every 200 or so miles.
John

Put the bars on yesterday. My mistake but I bike the throttle cable and the new grip got stuck half way up the throttle tube. Still rideable I put 60 mile on it and the position, although not as radical a change as I expected, is good. I don't get smashed into the tank any more during hares decel. Ordered me throttle tube, $16. , new cable, $16 ( neither are used, but fear I will have to order new ISO grips as this one just won't budge. I have decided to spend the next week doing all the stuff I need for my trip up PCH1 from San Diego to the ca border and back? I am removing the front fairing. Thid will allow me to put the P1 Screamer system and the gonzo harness in. I have the blue LED dash light to put in. I bought the new unused russel daylong seat package from the forum. Looks like the risers and seat will be great. I cut down the screen and tinted it now i need to smooth the edges and the corners.  Once done, I have done everything that will be don't to this bike. Oh, and I have the upgraded JBOX arriving any day now from Larry Buck. I have to install my accessory charger, my voltage gauges and a few other doodads. But I am certain the bike will be in top shape when I leave.  I plan to be gone for five days, but have two weeks to play with in case I want just get lost, which I love to do.

Store took me order Monday, the parts arrive Tuesday. Great service.