• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Battlax BT45V tire pressure

klittle1417

Training Wheels
What are you guys running for pressures with the Battlax BT45V tires?  I've been on Avon's for so long and I'm not sure what to run the Bridgestones at.

Kevin

they are rated for 41psi max.  I am currently running 36/38 solo and run 40psi when 2 up.  On the last set I ran 38/40. Seemed fine

Over on the truck diesel site, there once was a idea that you could take the max psi/load and use that as a ratio to calculate the actual psi based on the actual load.

Dont know actual, I have never ran the Connie over the scales. But lets assume 700lb bike and 280 lbs with me and gear. 980lbs / 2 = 490lbs on each tire. No idea of the actual weight distribution. Just our example.

Meaning 41psi @ 520lbs load is max rating and lets say you have 490lbs actual on the front.  41 / 520 = .07885.  * 490 = 38.6psi is what I should have in each tire. Assuming this weight and distribution.

On my truck I have been doing this for years. Based in the tires and weight, which I have ran over the scales, I run the load range D tires rated for 65 psi max, at 55 front and 45 rear when not towing. I run them at 65psi max towing. Anyways I have many sets that have worn nice and flat / even across the tire with this approach and I have gotten really good mileage too.