• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Belated Intro from Texas

necron99

Crotch Rocket
Hey there...  I guess I never did an intro.  I posted very few times before this INCREDIBLE forum upgrade.  I'm a fairly long time rider... I got my first street bike in 1987, just out of high school.  And I lived!  In fact, was on my 4th bike, a 1991 ZX11 before I took the MSF course.  LOL  No, I didn't total the other 3.  Not even 1 of them.

I'm originally from North Dakota, but I've lived in Texas for 11 years now, and I love it.  I'm new to the Concours world.  My local dealer back in ND never seemed to have a Connie so I never knew how cool they were.  I rode that 91 ZX11 for a decade, and I wish I knew then what I know now about sport tour.

I got my first Concours just this last June, replacing my 2nd ZX11, a 2001.  I'm totally in love with this bike.  Best bike I've owned by far.  My poor VTX1800 only got 500 miles on her last year, between the ZX11 I had until June and the Concours after.

So anyway, I live in the DFW metro area of Texas, I'm usually up for stuff...RTE's, M&G's, rides, whatever.  I have other hobbies so I'm glad that I am pretty much a daily commuter, that's where I get most of my miles.  As bad as that sounds, it's better than nothing!

Welcome to the group.
If you haven't heard we have 2 rides planned in the Spring.
Big Bend in March (approx the 25th) and Wildflower Ride in April. (approx the 18th)

Don't know the exact dates at this time, so look them up on the Home page.

Both are good rides. The Wildflower is a favorite of the Wifes as we stay at the River Inn and they really like the place.....
We have a discussion going on the other Forum on the Big bend Ride. Look there for some info as well.....

Ride safe, Ted

"I have other hobbies so I'm glad that I am pretty much a daily commuter, that's where I get most of my miles.  As bad as that sounds, it's better than nothing!"

I resemble that remark! Good to have met you and look forward to more get togethers as we fire up the DFW area!