• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bicycle computer on my Connie....WHY?

dano59

Mini Bike
Before I remove the bicycle computer on the connie why would you put one on the motorcycle? Extra trip meters? I do see a small dif in the speedometer and the speed on the bike computer but it's not that big a deal.
If I do keep it on the bike I will re-mount it in a better place.

Anyway what do you guys use your for?

Could they have been using it to replace some function that was broken but then fixed it before selling it to you?  I can not imagine any other reason.

The only thing I could think of it that at 70 on the connie speedo the bicycle speed says 65 and I know he is a very particular guy and the inaccuracy may have bugged him.

Dano, hard to say for sure why the bicycle speedo is on there but I do know that many of the "Iron Butt" - style endurance riders use these on their bikes as a more reliable speedometer, as well as the fact that some of the bicycle speedos also have trip/odometer functionality that may be useful.

JA

Dano said:
Well its coming off. Just looks out of place.

I had put one on my '86 and I can't even remember why the hell I did  ;D  I think it was for a more accurate speedo and maybe some other features, but I just can't remember.

I've got one on my ZRX because
1. extra odometer (yeah, the C-10 already has 2)
2. more accurate (calibrated with GPS)
3. average speed readout
4. max speed readout (WooHoooooo)
5. The ZRX don't got a clock

Steve

If it has a cadence input you could use it to see how many times per minute you shift  :D

He needed it to know his speed and ODO were since he had the cable out for about 25k miles before he sold it?

MizzouMike said:
He needed it to know his speed and ODO were since he had the cable out for about 25k miles before he sold it?

Oh no, you mean my $700 concous has 125k on it insted of 100k :-\

I think I got ripped off. :)