• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

bike runs for two three mins than stalls

L.T.

Big Wheel
I bought my 2001 a month ago an had to replace petcock just to get gas flowing now it needs (canned) help to start and will run and rev steady over 2.5 grand for two or three mins then bogs an dies? This is my first bike an I am already out of my element.

A bit more info could be helpful. Was the bike running when you bought it (doesn't sound like it)? How long had it sat up? Sounds like you will likely need to completely drain the tank and do a visual inspection for rust. If there's rust then you'll need to deal with that. It also sounds like a complete carb rebuild is in order along with a new air filter. Good luck!

lite rust in tank bike was running when i looked at it then it sat for three months in 100' heat in AZ thats what killed the petcock

been searching for info on tear down an rebuild of carbs used to dealing with one carb not four

In the Library, Concourier archive, Fall 2006 ( V18 #4 ) page 12.
Yup... a classic article. Aside from the great advice on the forum, access to the Concourier archive is just one of the terrific benefits of full club membership. That's a lot of information for about a dime a day. :)