• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Biker Babe Billboard in New Mexico

This billboard ad is not going to help get the message out to other motorcyclists about the benifits of using protective gear.  ::)

But that's not who this ad was intended for. From what I see, The idea was to make folks think about motorcycles. I would say that it probably has people thinking. (at least some of them)  The idea to raise awareness. And look, it made the news. I would say it's doing it's job. And like the one motorcyclist said. If it prevents one mishap, it's done it's job. I say put one up here. IMO, It's a lot better than most of the other billboards that are inflicted upon us.  :)

It works.
It has gotten noticed.
People will remember the helmeted woman - and the message.
Will it make them become more aware drivers? I doubt it - that needs to be a conscious effort by the driver.

I think this is wrong!  :38:    And as soon as I find where she lives I plan on giving her a good spanking!  :72:

I think that the only way people will be more conscious about bikers is if they include more in the dmv driver's manual and safety classes.

mellow yellow said:
I think that the only way people will be more conscious about bikers is if they include more in the dmv driver's manual and safety classes.

Don't they instruct folks to use turn signals in the DMV driver's manual and safety classes?  ::)

mellow yellow said:

The babe on the billboard got my attention!  :)

Bob,

You just live to close to the city. Us country folk use our turn signals. We even pull over for emergency vehicles up here.  :mad:

Round here, and I think most urban areas, new drivers are taught that the left freeway lane is theirs until right before they need to exit. Also, that driving is the best time to send a text, put on makeup or eat lunch. Or, preferably, all at once. Stop signs are more of a suggestion than a rule. Turning right on red is your "right", and oncoming traffic will just need to deal with it.  :nananana:

2Fast said:
Round here, and I think most urban areas, new drivers are taught that the left freeway lane is theirs until right before they need to exit. Also, that driving is the best time to send a text, put on makeup or eat lunch. Or, preferably, all at once. Stop signs are more of a suggestion than a rule. Turning right on red is your "right", and oncoming traffic will just need to deal with it.  :nananana:

- hear hear !

I feel it's a very irresponsible ad, I have yet to see a woman ride a motorcycle dressed like that.  Because if I had I would have noticed her, but maybe not the bike.  :))