• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bikertoberfest 2014

Aussie

Street Cruiser
All, I know you are busy with RWTW ... but as soon as the Biktoberfest events can be published ... The better I can plan to attend ... Seeing I seem to miss some rides because I am prebooked ...  Just sayin' :motonoises:

Biketoberfest has become kind of a do it yourself event.

There may be a breakfast meetup and a dinner meetup, but no chili :(

Otherwise we just usually run into each other wherever.

ROK doesn't even bring the trailer and tent anymore :(

Got some info on the calendar.
Due to some family issues, Jim P. may be low key this round and generally out of pocket.

No "formal" supper for Friday night, if anyone wants to suggest anything, we can spread the word.

Breakie Sat morning at the golf course, then I'll probably head over to the AIMExpo for the day like some of us did last year. (make reminder to close up tent completely this time,,,,, :-X )

Kawasaki may not be at the track, other demo teams will be. Kawasaki is going to be at the AIMExpo in Orlando, as to how prevalent, logistics is being worked on right now.

As an overnight option for everyone;
  I have been staying trackside for the last seven (7) years, and find it works out better than any other arrangement that I tried. There's no driving to get to your campsite or fighting traffic, it's quieter inside the track than  anywhere I've been, everything happens close to you, way better toilet and shower accommodations for sure, and there's always a nice social crowed in the camping area. You buy your four day track pass to watch the races, and camping is included free. It works out to $12.50 a night...that's for everything, races & camping.
This is where I met my good friend and fellow COG member Roman Bogart eight (8) years ago, and have made many friends along the way, including Alan Yucius before he also joined COG.
Give it a try. You won't be disappointed. It IS the best and cheapest option out there IMO. Call or email me for details and more info. Here's a link to the track site, so you can check my stated info.
> sead@cog-online.org <

https://secure.racetickets.com/DaytonaInternationalSpeedway/ft/public/index.cfm?event=map&eventid=3956&GatewayPass=y&scr=http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2014/Fall-Cycle-Scene/Things-To-Do

IN!  :))
Wow, this is going to be a trip to remember! With Barbers and then Biketoberfest!  Visiting SE COG members 2. >:D
Thanks Al for the email info and talking on the ph today with info.
I have signed up for the 4 day inside track pass/camping.
Kinda like Forest finding my way thru life. Go with the flow but ya gotta make a decision and get started.  ;)

danodemotoman said:
IN!  :))
Wow, this is going to be a trip to remember! With Barbers and then Biketoberfest!  Visiting SE COG members 2. >:D
Thanks Al for the email info and talking on the ph today with info.
I have signed up for the 4 day inside track pass/camping.
Kinda like Forest finding my way thru life. Go with the flow but ya gotta make a decision and get started.  ;)

Dan, you gonna stick around for the Citrus County Cruise? That will give you mega exposure to the culture of SECOG, no doubt.

See ya in Daytona, probably at the breakfast?

Same time as the AIMExpo in Orlando and vintage boat races at Lake Alfred, about 30 miles from Orlando.  I'll be up there somewhere.  Lots going on. 

SteveJ,
Looking at the calendar the Citris County Cruise is mid Nov and will likely wear out my welcome before that! LOL
yeah, see you at brekie in Daytona.
I 'plan' on leaving before the end of Oct.

SteveJ. said:
Dan, you gonna stick around for the Citrus County Cruise? That will give you mega exposure to the culture of SECOG, no doubt.
See ya in Daytona, probably at the breakfast?

Just registered.

It's been a couple of years since I last went to this event and really looking forward to the trip from Iowa to Florida.