• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Black Hills Campout Spearfish SD June 22 - 25

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
Join us for a visit to the Black Hills of South Dakota. The Spearfish City Campground in Spearfish, SD located in the northern Black Hills will be rally central for this COG event.

This would be a great stop over for members returning home from the COG National. You may wish to extend your trip home to enjoy the Black Hills.

This is a no-frills event, no group meals are being planned and there is no registration fee for this event, but please register so that we know you’re coming.

For more information checkout the COG Calendar of Events

Well it looks like I miss this one - vacation denied. This work thing really gets in the way, looks like I miss the Dry Creek Rendezvous if it happens also.
IF you guys get the opportunity to go up town for dinner one night Steerfish Steakhouse is good eats/large portions! That campground is clean and well maintained. Another unique joint is "Moonshine Gulch Saloon" in Rochford, Big Kenny from Big & Rich is from Deadwood area and their first country music video was shot there!

Attachments

• Moonshine Gulch Saloon.jpg
    Moonshine Gulch Saloon.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 77
Registered as a hard "maybe," pending my route back from the National and how long I can stretch my kitchen pass. Planning to play a bit along the coast up to Olympic peninsula, then skirt the Canadian border heading back east. Haven't plotted stops or anything yet, still early days on planning the homeward leg.

Gary and Judy are now registered. P/U camper and C-10 in tow. Hope to see you there Tom. Also Brian! Give me a call when you get there so we can set up near you guys. Gary 612-816-8254.

The ST-Owners (and NT-Owners) groups will be having their National Rally in Spearfish on the 21st - 24th. It's a small group for their national rally. So don't be too surprised if you see some other riders there.

Chris

The ST-Owners (and NT-Owners) groups will be having their National Rally in Spearfish on the 21st - 24th. It's a small group for their national rally. So don't be too surprised if you see some other riders there.

Chri
Interesting, it would be good to have a some interactions with them. We share a similar demographic.

My plans are subject to change, but at this point I am planning on arriving late in the afternoon of the 21st. I will be trailering my bike and will bring a grill and a cooler. I will be in the tent area. Look for a RAM 1500 pickup and I will have a COG banner posted.

I'm now in limbo...see my post "Hit a deer near Reedsport, OR" in the National Rally section.

All is (relatively) good for what it could have been. Using up all the Gorilla Tape available in Reedsport to patch it all up. Assuming I'm still on 2 wheels, I'm still hoping to roll through Spearfish, if only for a night or two. My big plans for the trip are off, and it's looking like a safer, slower, shorter run. That being said, I'm still 2000 miles from home and I gotta pass through somewhere...

I'm now in limbo...see my post "Hit a deer near Reedsport, OR" in the National Rally section.

All is (relatively) good for what it could have been. Using up all the Gorilla Tape available in Reedsport to patch it all up. Assuming I'm still on 2 wheels, I'm still hoping to roll through Spearfish, if only for a night or two. My big plans for the trip are off, and it's looking like a safer, slower, shorter run. That being said, I'm still 2000 miles from home and I gotta pass through somewhere...
Tom, I am sorry about the misfortune with the deer. I am glad your all right. I hope to see you in Spearfish.

Tom, I am sorry about the misfortune with the deer. I am glad your all right. I hope to see you in Spearfish.
Things are looking up. I've made it to Moscow, Idaho, with a ride plan landing me in Spearfish on Wednesday. Planning to hang there a couple of days, then push for home on Saturday.

The C10 looks bruised & battered, but she's performing like the champ she is. Rolled over 120K miles today!

Thanks to eveyone came to Spearfish. Despite the lousy weather,I had good time. It was nice to see everyone.

Thanks to eveyone came to Spearfish. Despite the lousy weather,I had good time. It was nice to see everyone.
Well done, Brian. Thanks for your efforts (and mega thanks for your truck when the weather was crap!).

Made it home without issue on Sunday. Now it's down time for the bike while I decide its future.