• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

BlackBird

Motorcyclerider

Last summer I bought a cbr1000f with 2,000 miles nothing would happen when you would turn the key. I got it home and within an hour discovered the contacts in the ignition were slightly corroded. I cleaned them up and it powered up. This was a Saturday. I worked on it all night Saturday and all Sunday servicing it cleaning carbs, changing fluids and polishing it up with steel wool put it on the road Monday. Stayed late at work Tuesday welding a broken section of exhaust. On my ride home I got the green arrow for the left turn only lane and started to make the left. Here comes some fool blowing the light at least going 50 mph. I maneuver enough so he only hits the front wheel. I let go of the bars on impact but still went for a ride Broken femur and bike destroyed. A year later insurance finally payed out so I went for an upgrade. 97 Honda CBR1100xx Super BlackBird. This girl boogies and stops on a dime. Handles very well compared to the Zg100” which is obvious. Makes me think I should have just got a ZG1400 and been done with it instead of modding the crap out of the ZG1000 and then buying a second bike. However I’d had a lot of fun modding the ZG and trying to recreate what SISF had done almost 20 years ago so shout out to him and the time he invested in the OG Connie 74D6D0C5-DB84-4B36-B1A6-623759D0B377.jpeg6C2FA250-2442-4148-8B07-8019E5C7B659.jpeg5CAEB55D-EA65-4629-AF89-2761EC4CFF64.jpeg

What year is that Justin? My first street bike was a CBR1000 (believe it was a late 80's model). Big carbed girl she was. I was eighteen and my dad shit his pants when I came home with it. He yelled at me for days until I came home from school and felt the engine was still hot even though I hadn't rode the bike that day.

What year is that Justin? My first street bike was a CBR1000 (believe it was a late 80's model). Big carbed girl she was. I was eighteen and my dad shit his pants when I came home with it. He yelled at me for days until I came home from school and felt the engine was still hot even though I hadn't rode the bike that day.
Wtf you have the same name as me? I’m entirely creeped out.