• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bluetooth for half helmet

Theiceman

I am considering buying a Bluetooth headset for my half helmet.  I don't want to spend a ton of money but I want one that is good quality. I would like to hear comments from people who have one.  I need to choose a make and model # bluetooth and buy one so I can talk on the phone and listen to music.

I recently arranged a group purchase of SENA intercoms.
Someone in the group wanted to install a SENA on an open faced helmet.
  Was a SPH10H- FM
Go to that discussion and contact him to see if he liked it...

{I'll post the shortcut here}.
http://forum.cog-online.org/emporium/sena-intercoms-group-buy/msg585177/#msg585177

Ride safe, Ted

PS: If interested, send me a PM and I think I can find the address of the seller.
      He was very knowledgeable on the SENA's..

I was the one who got the Sena for the half helmet.  I've had one on my older helmet for at least 3 or 4 years and have had no problems with it.

The new one is even better than the old one, clearer sound with music, just as good as the old one when on the phone and my wife tells me that on her end, she can't even tell I'm on my bike the sound is so clear.

Joe C

We tried that model on my wife's helmet.  She said she has a lot of wind noise.  I'm going to get a Sena 20S for her and let her use earbuds.  Should block the wind noise and provide clear audio for her.  Your mileage may vary.

I think I am going to buy the sena smh10-10 from cycle gear. It is $156.75 they have a 2 year replacement policy and they are an authorized sena dealer. The 20s would be about $85.00 more the sph10h-fm would be $219.00. My helmet has a zip on collar that has pockets for the speakers.  I do not wear a face shield on my open face LS2 helmet. I hope there will not be to much wind noise and people will be able to hear me on the phone.