• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bohn Armor is awesome!

tjnoma99

Mini Bike
I finally pulled the trigger on the bohn armor gear. Bought a shirt and pants combo. I decided that the cool mesh gear was best considering in live in socal, and its always warm here. Initial imperssion was a weird one! The pants feel like tights with lumps! But after i situated the armor and threw on my jeans, they essentially disappeared! I forgot i had them on when i was riding. The armor sat perfectly and did not cause any discomfort by shifting. When i finally stopped the bike, i could feel the shin/ knee pad shift as i walked. It was irritating at first ( only because I hate when my clothes feel like they dont fit properly) but i got used to it. After 150 miles i honestly wished i would’ve gotten a set sooner. I come from a cruiser background, so im most comfortable in jeans. These definitely give me the ability to have protection I want and not break the bank buying all kinds of riding gear.

I've read about them, I wear a pair of armored black cargo pants but I'd like to explore some options.

Strawboss-i have a set of tourmaster pants. But sometimes i want to just relax and wear heans. I feel more comfortable than when i wear my tourmasters!

RangerJim- if i could walk a mile , I’d be impressed  :))

Are their sizes close to real? Their web site seems to bear that out. I'm 6ft, 210lbs, 35in waist, 32in inseam, 46in chest, they tell me I need large pants and extra large shirt, looks about right.

I wear the large pants as well . Im 5’10” 220 with a 31 inseam and they work great! We are kinda close so i would trust them. The shirt for me is tighter. And i have a 48 inch chest. I bought my shirt a size smaller because i have no intention of wearing over a shirt or as a shirt. It will always be an undergarment for me.

Taking a ride to Bloomington, IN this morning to pick up some bohn armor.  I spotted some on craigslist and couldn't resist.  I'm getting a pair of large all season pants and what looks like a jacket/shirt?  $120!  The pants cost more than that by themselves.  Thanks for the review T!  I'm gonna try really hard to get used to the pants.  There's a bunch of armor in there. :beerchug:

There really is but once you wear them, you dont feel it. Ive done several long rides with the armor and i only notice it when im walking around. And even then, its very little! Great score at only 120!! I think i got my shirt and pants combo for $300+ but worth every penny!

thanks for the revue, I have been hedging on these for 14 years, and never had someone I could actually ask, how they felt... With this summer's heat, I may be very tempted to "add" these to my now "narrow/thinned down/disposed of everything that didn't work" list for wear, right next to my AeroStich, which is always worn when travelling interstate.
For local use, I can dig the undee's thing with jeans...

Thats what i use them for, around town! Long distances i use my tourmaster pants. But for in town rides, its nice knowing i have protection even in jeans!

I took a ride with a buddy of mine to Louisville so he could look at other bikes to add to the stable.  We were on the road by six and home by three.  It was a little cool for mesh so I put a mesh jacket on top of the bohn armor shirt.  That extra layer took care of being cold but was still allowing some air flow.  It didn't feel too bulky or uncomfortable to wear under the jacket.  That kind of surprised me because of having two layers of armor on.  The pants under a pair of jeans wasn't uncomfortable either.  The pants were the all season material and I think helped with shielding my legs from engine heat.  I was concerned that the tailbone armor was gonna feel weird when sitting on the bike, but that wasn't the case.  I would agree with T that walking around is a bit different because of the knee/shin armor falling just a little.  Once again it's not uncomfortable, and if I were going to do lots of walking or something, I'd just take them off until I was ready to ride again.  Overall, I'm really happy with my bohn armor!  Thanks again for the review T! :great: